Missing recording of first call in lead inserted by API

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Missing recording of first call in lead inserted by API

Postby ccabrera » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello,

I'm using Vicibox 7 with VERSION: 2.12-561a BUILD: 160708-0745 .

Every one in a while, a recording for a call is missing. What I've found is the following:

- It happens only in the first time a new lead is called
- We are using AUTO ALT DIAL, so this always happens only in the primary number
- We are using adaptive dialing
- The recording is never created. I've gone through the logs and there isn't even a manager request for the call to be recorded
- Leads are inserted by API

My theory is that some field is getting inserted through the API but is not sanitized properly, so when a name with special chars such as ñ á é í , etc gets inserted, it causes things to break, and after the first call get connected and the data is saved at the agent screen, then the field gets "corrected" and future calls do not exhibit this problem, only the very first one.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Re: Missing recording of first call in lead inserted by API

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:15 pm

First, I would suggest upgrading to the most recent svn/trunk, because we have fixed quite a few bugs since the version you are using.

Second, can you replicate this issue on demand?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Hello again,

I updated to the current SVN and was waiting for the problem to repeat. It happened again today, and no, I can't repeat this error at will. However, I have full logs so any written information is available. I'd just need to be pointed to the correct place to look at.

Regards,
Christian Cabrera
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:32 pm

You should look in the asteirsk screenlog to see if the call to the recording extension was made or not. After that, look at the action files to see if the command to initiate the recording was issued. After that, gather as many examples as you can and look for patterns.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Already tried that: the screenlog shows the call, but there's no evidence that Asterisk dialed into the 8309 extension for recording. I checked the patterns for other calls and the 8301@default:2 showing the filename does appear.

The action_full log doesn't show any manager commands that request the call to be recorded. Again, I checked it against several other calls and I can see the pattern: 8368 for routing, then 8309 for recording. In the case I'm looking at, theres no 8309, only 8368.

My first theory was going against special chars in the API request, but as I've found, this error happens whether or not there are any á é í chars involved.

New question: since I've found that the agent screen is the one to request the recording, do you think this could be avoided if I use the routing recording feature, so that Vicidial initiates the recording instead of the agent screen?

Could this be happening because of the recent Chrome background tab throttling?

Regards,
Christian Cabrera
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:35 pm

We've noticed that this issue is usually related to either high system load or network issues.

Yes, you should try Routing Initiated Recording, but remember that only works on inbound or outbound-auto-dial calls, not on manual dial calls.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Does that mean that manual dial calls will not get recorded at all if using this feature, or that manual dial calls will only get recorded by the agent screen (and the auto-dial ones will be recorded by the system)?
Christian Cabrera
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Manual dial calls will get recorded by the agent screen, and others will have the recording triggered by the AGI routing scripts before they get sent into the agent's session.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support