2 Database for vicidial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

2 Database for vicidial

Postby donX » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 am

Hi guys,

First of all, build as stated below:
VERSION: 2.14-610a
BUILD: 170416-1548
Distributor ID: SUSE LINUX
Description: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)
Release: 42.1

I understand that server IP configurations is set inside /etc/astguiclient.conf
# The IP address of this machine
VARserver_ip => x.x.x.x

# Database connection information
VARDB_server => x.x.x.x
VARDB_database => asterisk
VARDB_user => cron
VARDB_pass => 1234
VARDB_custom_user => custom
VARDB_custom_pass => custom12324
VARDB_port => 3306

Also, there's the servers section in vicidial itself where you can add your web and database servers.

Question is, since i am on CLUSTER setup is it possible to add another database in the Servers making it 2 entries, 1 web and 2 databases
then set other Phone records' database to the 2nd one i created?

For example, phone 100001 Server IP is 10.10.1.1, phone 10002 Server IP is 10.10.1.2.

I would like to have other agents pointing to a different database due to the time zones they are using, 1 is PST and the other is +8 making it hard for the new account to filter report data due to time zones.

Please let me know.

Thanks and regards,
donX

Re: 2 Database for vicidial

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 am

A VICIdial cluster can only have one master database.

Could you explain your timezone issue in more detail?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby donX » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 pm

mflorell wrote:A VICIdial cluster can only have one master database.

Could you explain your timezone issue in more detail?

Hey! Thanks for the response.

You see, there's a single account using the dialer however on 2 different sites with 2 different timezones used.

Site 1 is on PST since in Philipinnes time, they start on 8pm to 5am (graveyard shift) -- with that said, it's hard for them to filter reports through dates since they will cross over 2 days noting that generating a report let's say 7/18 report will generate the 2nd half of 17th's shift and 1st half of 18th's shift . So i'll have to make it on PST. (I hope im making sense)

Site 2 starts on 7am, so basically, PST wont work for them, else, they'll have the same issue as above mentioned if not in PH/Asia time.

Note that each site in the same dialer is using different campaigns. If i change the timezone of the 2nd campaign, it will cause a synch error.

:(

This is blowing my brains all over the place. I'm really avoiding the option to create a different cluster for this case if possible.

Thanks mate,
donX

Postby bobchaos » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:18 pm

Could be my memory playing tricks on me, and I don't have a system on hand to check, but I'm fair sure you can set a server setting in the GUI to adjust the timezones, and then set the one in Linux to GMT everywhere. Could be wrong, never operated a cross-timezone cluster and I'm getting a bit rusty on my vicidial :/
bobchaos

Postby donX » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Apparently, vicidial can't have the other parts on a different timezones.

apache, linux, db and dialer should be set on the same TZ especially looking at 1 server. :( HELP!
donX

Return to Support