Internal only vicidial setup

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Internal only vicidial setup

Postby ccahill » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:38 pm

vicibox 7.0.4 /vicidial 2.14-620a /asterisk v.11.20.0-vici

I have an internal pbx setup, this setup will not be making external calls. This setup has 2 banks of phones, which I have configured and they talk to each other and whatnot. Problem is I have a few cases that I need to solve.

1. The 1st group of phones will be calling the 2nd, this works fine and all, but I can't seem to get anything to record. I've FORCEALL recordings for the agent, yet when go to download the recording nothing is there.

2. The 2nd group of phones needs an announcement if the phone is picked up but no one is calling in.

3. I'm trying to setup an autodialing survey campaign that calls to that 2nd group of phones(internal extensions). It's not a real survey, just needs to play a sound file. Is this possible?

any help would be greatly appreciated
ccahill

Re: Internal only vicidial setup

Postby williamconley » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:01 pm

ccahill wrote:I've FORCEALL recordings for the agent, yet when go to download the recording nothing is there.

You have not shared: The method of the call being generated. Your settings related to how the call was generated. Details regarding "download the recording" ... do you mean that there's a link but the file is zero size? there's a link but no file? there's no link? Where is the link (or missing link, ie: where are you looking for this link if missing or finding the link if it's not missing)?

ccahill wrote:The 2nd group of phones needs an announcement if the phone is picked up but no one is calling in.

Good to know. Now: Do you have a question? With a detailed description? Cuz I gotta say, if no one is calling in, the phone won't be ringing, so I don't understand whty "the phone is picked up" in the first place. I'm sure there's more to this story.

ccahill wrote:It's not a real survey, just needs to play a sound file. Is this possible?

Um ... that's what a survey does. It plays a sound file. So that's not merely "possible", that's the definition of a survey campaign. What happens during and after the recording, that's why you would consult the Vicidial Manager's Manual for how to manage the Survey Campaign. Sounds like you just want a survey campaign that hangs up when the recording is done.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support