Dial Plan Numbers

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dial Plan Numbers

Postby kennow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:02 am

VERSION: 2.14-621a
BUILD: 170717-1444
© 2017 ViciDial Group
Vicibox7

Could someone help me with directions on how I assess the extension.conf on my asterisk server? i am trying to get the dialplan extension that goes with the phone extension.
Thanks
Kennow
kennow

Re: Dial Plan Numbers

Postby kennow » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:23 pm

While I am on the subject of dialplans. I am setting up A remote agent and when I get to external extension it needs to be a full dialplan number, is that just simply mean a complete 10 digit phone number as 7816689999 I want to use my magic jack number. Other than the external extension number field do I have to enter it into vicidial?
kennow

Re: Dial Plan Numbers

Postby williamconley » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:26 pm

1) Thanks for posting your Vicidial Version with Build. Very good.

2) Please remember to include the Full Installer Version (there were several 7.X.X Vicibox .isos). It's useful.

3) Avoid answering your own posts. If no one has commented, just edit your original post instead. Otherwise it looks like someone answered you (and disappears from the "unanswered questions" list, which is what some of us try to keep up so everybody gets at least *some* answer ... but if you answer yourself you could get ignored for quite a while). Just sheer luck I bumped into this one. FYI

4) The Vicidial Manager's Manual covers the creation of a phone in admin->phones with an External Extension. You would do well to use it.

5) Notes on external extensions:
* the asterisk ClI is very useful for troubleshooting when setting up an external extension (asterisk -R)
* the extension must match a carrier dial pattern, including dial prefix
* the dialplan number is NOT required to match the extension in any way. Nor is the voicemail box.
* Remember to wait a minute until the dialplan is reloaded after editing the phone configuration in the GUI. Many have been impatient and continued to make changes without waiting for the reload to occur after a new .conf file is generated by Vicidial, and spent quite a long time trying to troubleshoot as a result.

Happy Hunting! (Welcome to the Party! 8-) )
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support