Remote on-hook agent cannot transfer calls.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Remote on-hook agent cannot transfer calls.

Postby xtdirect » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Vicibox Express 2656
VERSION: 2.14-583a
BUILD: 161226-2224

Thanks for your help!

Scenario:
I have an IVR with an with a Call Menu... Press 1 for sales 2 for customer service.
The sales in-group points to a group of agents logged in as normal to the agent interface.
The customer service in-group points to 4 Remote On-Hook agents via "ring all". They have desk phones that they can choose to answer, and are not logged in to the agent interface...

There is an occasional need for the customer service agent to transfer the call to the sales in-group.
To accomplish this I created a DID with a value of "1000" with an Extension Context set to "trunkinbound" pointing to the sales in-group.

However when I try to transfer a customer service call to the sales in-group by transferring the call to 1000 extension the customer is not connected... or hung up... they are just abandoned in their conference.

I found this thread that that outlines a similar case....
http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/v ... =7&t=25479

However in my case the caller is not ever connected.

What can I do to work around this?
hwdevelopment.com
xtdirect

Re: Remote on-hook agent cannot transfer calls.

Postby mflorell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Depends on what your phones allow, you might want to try doing a 3way instead of transfer from the phone.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby xtdirect » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:09 am

Matt,

Thanks so much for your reply!
They are using Cisco 303 phones.
I can do a 3way conference.... But when the Remote Agent leaves the call the caller is dropped, so the Customer Service agent would have to stay on the line the entire time.

I failed to mention above that in the Remote Agent setup I am pointing to the agent using the Customer Service agent's internal phone extension 300,301,etc.....
I tested routing them to an external DID and then back to their extension, and that DOES allow them to transfer to the Sales Queue... however, that solution doubles them up on inbound minutes... which will not fly.

Do you have a suggestion on any phone makes/models that would allow this to work out of the box.

Is there a way to accomplish this by creating a custom context?

Thanks!

- Brian
hwdevelopment.com
xtdirect

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:45 am

The issue is with using the RINGALL option with the on-hook feature, because that places the agent and call into a meetme room. If you used Remote Agents without the in-grou ring-all feature you should be able to transfer just fine.

As for a hardphone that this would work with, one of our clients used old Polycom phones and they worked, but we found out that when they upgraded the firmware on them, they stopped being able to transfer the calls.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support