ViciDial user remote access

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial user remote access

Postby josh3rd » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:11 am

Hello Forums,

I would like to help out here. The case goes like this: we currently hire an agent overseas and our boss request for them to access our on-premise vicidial server, how will the agent to access our vicidial server and accept calls remotely? We are currently using PFSense as our firewall so I was thinking if this would be possible if we setup a VPN access via PFSense for this? Thanks and I am looking forward on your response.
josh3rd

Re: ViciDial user remote access

Postby proper » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:25 am

josh3rd wrote:Hello Forums,

I would like to help out here. The case goes like this: we currently hire an agent overseas and our boss request for them to access our on-premise vicidial server, how will the agent to access our vicidial server and accept calls remotely? We are currently using PFSense as our firewall so I was thinking if this would be possible if we setup a VPN access via PFSense for this? Thanks and I am looking forward on your response.

Few options

1) White list with your firewall(if IP does not change allot)
2) Setup VPN, as you mentioned.
3) This option is bit more complex, but I use on any deployment with remote access. Authorization script that checks you vicidial database and automatically white lists agents with you firewall. Kind of like "good guys" but for external firewall. It is fairly easy to do something like this with pfsense.

If you are looking for how to get this done, then pfSense forms are probably better place to visit.
proper

Return to Support