Understanding link between ViciDial and VOS3000

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Understanding link between ViciDial and VOS3000

Postby rogerfinch » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:44 am

Hi Friends,

I am voip beginner with background in Software Engineering. I am currently working with a client who is having a call center setup. My client sends out voice-calls and voice-malls to market a product using a progressive dialer ViciDial. Now, ViciDial is paired with VOS3000 softswitch. Both ViciDial and VOS3000 is hosted on different IPs. I can look at the logs of the call made by ViciDial through VOS3000, like which number was called, what was the duration of the call, etc.

I want to understand significance of VOS3000 here.

Is it a must to use VOS3000 (or any softswitch) to pair with ViciDial ?
If yes, then how to pair it?
Please shed some light on this matter.
rogerfinch

Re: Understanding link between ViciDial and VOS3000

Postby frequency » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:18 am

VOS3000 is a soft switch that is needed to interconnect with other carrier companies. It can maintain accounts, credits, bills and cdrs. Either you can have your own softswitch for maintaining the account and see usage or can also sell to other contact centers making more accounts and sell them as service.

you don't necessarily need VOS. THere are many other hosted soft-swtich companies too. You can also get direct sip trunks from such companies without needing a softswitch on your part. VOS3000 needs a lot of security and is easily hack able if not protected correctly.
frequency

Return to Support