Ingroup areacode filter feature

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Ingroup areacode filter feature

Postby ccabrera » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:58 am

Hello,

I'm using VERSION: 2.14-630a BUILD: 170923-1425 and trying to setup the ingroup areacode filter feature. What I want to achieve is that everytime I receive a call coming from areacode 55, then the call is dropped to another ingroup.

So far, I was able to create this action by using the following fields:
- Areacode filter: DROP_ONLY
- Addedd 55 as an areacode
- Areacode filter seconds: 0
- Areacode filter action: ingroup

However, this only works if there are no agents available inside the ingroup by the time the call from 55XXXXXXX reaches the ingroup.
- If there are any agents available, call gets routed to those agents
- If there are no agents available, only then call gets routed if areacode is matched

Am I missing something?
Is there a hack I need to do?

I would like the areacode filter to occur BEFORE calls try to be sent to any free agents, but so far it isn't working.

Thanks in advance.
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Re: Ingroup areacode filter feature

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:20 am

As it states in the HELP, this feature only acts upon calls that have been waiting for an agent, it does not even start this process until after it has attempted to send the call to an agent at least once.

Did you try ALLOW_ONLY? That seems to be closer to what you want it to do:

Areacode Filter -This feature allows you to filter calls that have been waiting in queue by the areacode of the customer phone number. The areacodes are defined on a per In-Group basis using the Areacode List modification page that you can get to by clicking on the areacode filter list link to the right. The ALLOW_ONLY option will only allow those customer phone numbers that begin with the areacodes included in the areacode filter list to continue waiting in the queue. The DROP_ONLY option will only drop those customer phone numbers that begin with the areacodes included in the areacode filter list. Areacodes in the filter list can be from 1 to 6 digits in length. Default is DISABLED.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ccabrera » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:29 am

Hello Matt,

First of all, thanks for the clarification.

I read the help, but at first I was not able to imply that the call wouldn't even attempt to start the process if there were any available agents. I thought that *maybe* there was a hack that would allow me to set the "Areacode filter seconds" to -1 (or any special value) and that would make the process start *before* trying to send the call to an agent.

I digged into the source and found out I was wrong.

Even though DROP_ONLY would fit better to what I need, what I ended up doing was doing the same filtering but from inside the DID. By using Filter Phone Groups I was able to set a pattern with 555XXXXXXX and by doing that, call gets filtered *before* entering the ingroup, so I can send it to whatever other action I would like.

Regards,
Christian Cabrera
Enlaza Comunicaciones - Vicidial Partner
Mexico City
ccabrera

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Thanks for the post-back!
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support