Mirror replica for Vicidial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Mirror replica for Vicidial

Postby macaruchi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi!
I have a Vcidial server , just one, for dialing an inbound calls. 3
Code: Select all
ViciBox 7.0.4 | OpenSuse 42.1Leap | VERSION: 2.14-620a | BUILD: 170623-2142
8GB Ram | Intel Xeon 2.5Ghz | 8 core

This week a problem with our server provider, take down the server for one day without dialing, so this problem showed us that we need a mirror/replica to in this case use this.

My question is, what must be the setup to have a mirror /replica from our server in case that we have problem with the provider has happened before.
I dont a HA cluster Vicidial, yet, but at least, another server "warn" that I can use if my goes down.

What do I need to get that ?

TIA
*------------------
ViciBox 7.0.4 | Version:2.14-704a | SVN Version: 3078| DB Schema Version:1566| BUILD: 190312-0928 | 2 Processors 8 Core | 32 GB Ram | 1 Tera HD
macaruchi

Re: Mirror replica for Vicidial

Postby williamconley » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Install a second server, just like your first. Backup your database using the Vicidial backup script (it's use is likely shown in the Vicidial Managers Manual). Copy the backup set to the second server (there's an FTP function to automate the push directly in the backup script). Restore the backup set to the second server. Run the IP Update Script (also referenced in the Vicidial Manager's Manual) on the second server. Be sure to notify your Carrier(s) that the second server's IP address is allowed to make calls.

Now you have two servers.

If the Primary server ever dies, perform the restore/update IP functions again from the backup set from last night. Also be sure to contact your carrier and route inbound calls to the new server. And notify all agents and managers to use the new server for both web and phone registration as well.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support