PRESS_CID_CALLBACK, How it Works?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

PRESS_CID_CALLBACK, How it Works?

Postby covarrubiasgg » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:51 pm

Hey, i'm sorry this is my second thread today, it's been a busy day

On my Inbound Group i am testing, the option for the customer to press 1 and call them back when an agent is available, is just that i am not sure how to use it, i already double check the manual (yes i have the most recent version 2.13 manager) also googled and read the tooltip help (which usually is my main source of information).

In my INbound Group i set the

Wait Time Option to PRESS_CID_CALLBACK
Wait Time Options to 60 seconds
Wait Time Option Press Filename to my audio store file
Wait Time Option Callback List ID to a list assigned to the campaign where my agents are

If I call my DID it enters the inbound group and passed 60 seconds my audio file is played I press 1 and the call is ended.
I can see the lead is added to my list with the status INBND, but the campaign never calls it.

I would expect this to be loaded into hopper just as the callbacks are loaded but it won't, i can be waiting for the callback for ever and it never dial.

If i try to add INBND as a dial status it doesn't show on the status lists by default, so i tried to add INBND in my campaign statuses and then add the dial status, and it actually works, eventually it will call the customer as a regular lead would, but this is not how it supposed to work, if the lists is huge it may be days before this lead get into hopper.

I have been using Vicidial for many years now, but this is the first time i need this options, as far as i know is not like a new feature, it's been around for a while but i can't get it work.

This is a 10 servers cluster (1 x DB, 3 x WEB Servers, 6 x Phone Dialers)
VERSION: 2.14-608a
BUILD: 170410-1326
Vicibox 7.0.4
covarrubiasgg

Re: PRESS_CID_CALLBACK, How it Works?

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:39 pm

It's not automatic, all it does is insert a new lead into the specified list. If you want it to be called back, you need to set that as a dialable status and that list as active.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby covarrubiasgg » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:34 am

Hey Matt Thank You, the leads are not being inserted a NEW but as INBND, is there any way to get priority dialing those leads into hopper.
covarrubiasgg

Postby mflorell » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:51 pm

We don't really have any options that will do that automatically. Most of the clients we've set this up for will only have blended agents that only dial those leads, so it's never really been an issue. One option is to alter the code to do something like set the "rank" field to a high number, then those would be inserted first in a hopper load. Another option is to write a process that will check for those and insert them into a hopper as an automated process.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby covarrubiasgg » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:53 pm

I think i'm going with a cron script to load those into hopper, Thank you for the tip :).
covarrubiasgg

Return to Support