Dialer server not doing calls

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dialer server not doing calls

Postby gequiros » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Software:
Vicibox 7.0.4
VERSION: 2.14-585a / BUILD: 170114-1356 / No VoIP hardware
1 x DataBase ( 32gb Ram - 24 Cores - 1 SSD 240gb )
IP: 192.168.1.25

1 x Web ( 16gb Ram - 16 Cores - 1 TB SATA )
IP: 192.168.1.26

Hardware:
4 x Dialers ( 8gb Ram - 16 Cores - 1 SSD 120gb -----> Asterisk 11.25.1-vici
IPs: 192.168.1.27, 192.168.1.28, 192.168.1.29, 192.168.1.30

I force all agents to login using the first server dedicated as Dialer ( ejm: 192.168.1.27 )

once they all login and i test that server capabilities, then i ENABLE other DIALERS ( 192.168.1.28 .... 192.168.1.30 )

And they DID not place one single call for over 30 mins, only one server start placing calls, but it was because one agent got kicked out and he login using a different server ( 192.168.1.28 ), then, that very same server started placing a few calls... when I kick that agent out, there were no more calls from that server

Is that a Normal behavior ? i was thinking that regardless if CLUSTER has agents using a different server to log in, all servers ENABLED / Available as dialers will be on DUTY... or i do have something bad ?

All Dialer Servers are:
Max Calls per Second: 2 ( This solve to me a lot of RETRANSMITION errors i've seen )
Max Trunks: 300
Balance Dialing: Yes
Balance Rank: 0
Balance Offlimits: 0

System Settings:
Max FILL Calls per Second: 15
Generate Cross-Server Phone Extensions: 0

Thanks so much !!!
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
WhatsApp: +1-305-320-1786
gequiros

Re: Dialer server not doing calls

Postby TwistedFister » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 pm

I force all agents to login using the first server dedicated as Dialer ( ejm: 192.168.1.27 )

are you using phone alias's? if so do your agents have an acct for each dialing node registering on their softphone?

Is that a Normal behavior ? i was thinking that regardless if CLUSTER has agents using a different server to log in, all servers ENABLED / Available as dialers will be on DUTY... or i do have something bad ?

All Dialer Servers are:
Max Calls per Second: 2 ( This solve to me a lot of RETRANSMITION errors i've seen )
Max Trunks: 300
Balance Offlimits: 0

Balance rank needs to be different on each node. We have a very similar setup but we have 7 dialing nodes and they are ranked 1-7 (highest number is the first one that agents will be logged into)
Now for all of this to work you must use phone alias's, have accounts for each dialing node on the agents softphone, and when agents sign on the phone entry must have and "x" after the phone id.

For instance: you have 4 dialing nodes 192.168.1.27, .28, .29, and .30 and your phone id is 104. You will have to have a 104 phone for each node. Then you will need a phone alias entry that ties all the phones to one that the agents use when they login which would be 104x. The biggest benefit of configuring it this way for us is if you have hardware failure on one of your dialing nodes you can remove it from the cluster and the other nodes will pick up the agents that were on it without any down time. We have added 1 extra node just for that reason alone.
TwistedFister

Postby gequiros » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:15 pm

#1- Yes, we are using phone alias

#2- We have all agents using /login on all 4 dialers
is it mandatory that for a Dialer to pull out calls to have agents LOGGED IN using that server ? so they gotta have an account on EACH dialer? and if i got 12 DIALERS, i do need to have all agents having an account on each dialer ?

I was NOT using RANKING

I have heard of people with 15 DIALERS, if it is required an agent to be logged in on a server to place calls, how will they handle it ? that's a lot of work, i am not sure it goes that way...

Thanks for helping me on this...
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
gequiros

Postby TwistedFister » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:23 am

We have all agents using /login on all 4 dialers
is it mandatory that for a Dialer to pull out calls to have agents LOGGED IN using that server ?

when you say login on all 4 dialers... how are they logging in?

so they gotta have an account on EACH dialer? and if i got 12 DIALERS, i do need to have all agents having an account on each dialer ?

This is how i have our agents (130 of them)configured using zoiper v3.9. FYI the newest version of zoiper took the ability to have multiple accounts from the free version to the paid version
example id is 8001 and dialing nodes are ast1, ast2, ast3, ast4

phones:
create a phone for each node
ast1:
ext 8001
agent screen login: 8001a
ast2:
ext 8001
agent screen login: 8001b
ast3:
ext 8001
agent screen login: 8001c
ast4:
ext 8001
agent screen login: 8001d

softphone entry:
8001@ast1
8001@ast2
8001@ast3
8001@ast4

phone alias:
alias id 8001x
alias name 8001
phones login list 8001a,8001b,8001c,8001d

when the agent logs in they will put 8001x for phone login and they will land on the dialing node with the least amount of agents on it. Great for redundancy.

I have heard of people with 15 DIALERS, if it is required an agent to be logged in on a server to place calls, how will they handle it ? that's a lot of work, i am not sure it goes that way...

the agents login to one UI and wont notice if there is 4 dialing nodes or 400 as long as they are using 8001x

the documentation on this is a little unclear in the managers manual so i did alot of trial and error initially but i got it work ....been running on that config for a year now and have made over 21 million calls
TwistedFister

Postby gequiros » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:13 pm

That's EXACTLY how we got it going on... as you use, of course only difference is extentions names and ALIAS used... but, it is pretty much the same, we have 4 dialers...

But i force all agents to use one DIALER to try to test the ability, then, i ENABLE all other dialers, and since no agent log in using other dialers, they didn't place calls at all... not a single call by mistake, they keep dialing from only one server

Now, i am about to have 200 agents and i will use 10 dialers, 1 web, 1 Database and 1 File Manager

What if i use ONLY 2 of the 10 dialers for LOG IN purposes ( extentions on only 2 dialers), will other DIALERS be sleeping all the time ?
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
gequiros

Postby TwistedFister » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:34 pm

i noticed something on your original post...

try ranking your dialing nodes 1 thru 4

also add this to 1 of the nodes crontab after verifying the scripts are on it
Code: Select all
### updater for VICIDIAL hopper
* * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_VDhopper.pl -q

### fix the vicidial_agent_log once every hour and the full day run at night
33 * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_cleanup_agent_log.pl

50 0 * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_cleanup_agent_log.pl --last-24hours

### adjust the GMT offset for the leads in the vicidial_list table
1 1,7 * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_adjust_GMTnow_on_leads.pl --debug --list-settings

### optimize the database tables within the asterisk database
3 1 * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_DB_optimize.pl

### roll logs monthly on high-volume dialing systems
30 1 1 * * /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_archive_log_tables.pl

one other thing ..
the install guide suggests 2 webservers for the amount of agents your are setting up for and from personal experience you want to RAID 10 your SSD's and have atleast 64GB RAM on your DB server plus add a slave DB for reporting.

I strongly recommend taking the time initially to add all the dialing nodes to each softphone acct and having an additional node figured into the mix if you are using older hardware. That way if you have hardware fail you can remove the node , disable it on the UI, and anyone who was on that node simply log out and when they log back in they will land on a different dialing node. Happens once a month for us because most of our equipment has alot of miles on it.
TwistedFister

Return to Support