What do you think about this Performance ?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

What do you think about this Performance ?

Postby gequiros » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:54 pm

Honestly, does it look really bad ?

https://snag.gy/Wk9dOQ.jpg

Look at:
*Memory ( Free: 3,4gb )
* MySQL cpu usage ( 133% )

This is a dedicated DB Server, i only got 25 agents and 4 dialers ( yeah i know, a waste of machines )

As you can see machine has 32gb ram, but, it always get drained after a couple of hours dialing, and that CPU load (the spikes above 100% ) (and 12 real cores) is kinda weird, normally, it is near 30% or so, but some spikes that high....

32gb
SSD 240gb
12 cores / 24 threads ( Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93GHz)
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com
WhatsApp: +1-305-320-1786
gequiros

Re: What do you think about this Performance ?

Postby frequency » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 pm

Cached memory is not drained memory. type top, cached memory is like cache on your ram for faster processing of data. Most of the data goes in cache because the memory is vacant and awaiting data. Until then the data is cached. If needed, cache is reduced if more memory is required. That is not drained memory.

If you are on multi-core cpu, MySQL using more than 100% cpu usage is just normal. Since you are using 12c/24t processor, change thread concurrency in my.cnf to 24. Any multi core cpu using more than 100% means, using multiple cores which means you are good for 1200%.

SSDs are fast but always watch out for I/O wait time. It is better to use LSI MegaRAID raid coontroller on multiple drives. I recommend RAID 10 for DB servers. I have noticed quiet a difference in servers using Hardware raid controller and ones with no raid controllers at all . Never use software raid over DB servers. You can use NVMe drives that even faster than SSDs but expensive.
frequency

Return to Support