Different asterisk versions , same cluster

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Different asterisk versions , same cluster

Postby perci100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:31 am

Is there an issue running different versions of asterisk on different telephone servers ?
I seem to be having an issue with the one tel server I just installed.

All other asterisk nodes have 1.8.32.2-vici --- Installation media used was Vicibox 5
The newest one has 11.25.1-vici -- Installation media used was Vicibox 8

When agents are connected to the 11.25.1-vici they are not getting the "you are the only person in this conference" and get logged out after a short time.

I dont believe this is a server connectivity issue / firewall issue as the other servers have the same settings but I wanted to ask if maybe there might be some issues running a different version of asterisk ?

Any help getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated , thank you.
8 server cluster web/tel x 5/db/archive(rec only) in production inbound/outbound/AMD/full recording |Vicibox 5.0.3 Standard ISO | VERSION: 2.12-549a BUILD: 160404-0940 | Asterisk 1.8.25.0-vici | No added software all servers in RAID 10
perci100

Re: Different asterisk versions , same cluster

Postby williamconley » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 am

no problem with having different versions of asterisk, but the version of Vicidial MUST be the same on all servers and that version of Vicidial MUST support the versions of asterisk on all servers.

* If you have an old version of Vicidial on one server and a newer version on a freshly installed server, the freshly installed server will fail. You need to upgrade the entire cluster to match the newbie or downgrade the new server to match the cluster. A reboot will be required.
* If you have a new version of Asterisk (from using a later installer with Asterisk 11 on it), your older version of Vicidial may not support asterisk 11. Either upgrade your cluster's Vicidial version (so it will support asterisk 11) or reinstall the new server with the older installer for the older version of asterisk or try to downgrade asterisk itself in the new server while praying.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Different asterisk versions , same cluster

Postby perci100 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:50 am

Thank you and I apologize this was actually added to the vicibox manual on like the 3rd page :( . I havent looked at that install manual in years
8 server cluster web/tel x 5/db/archive(rec only) in production inbound/outbound/AMD/full recording |Vicibox 5.0.3 Standard ISO | VERSION: 2.12-549a BUILD: 160404-0940 | Asterisk 1.8.25.0-vici | No added software all servers in RAID 10
perci100

Return to Support