VICIDIAL with mySQl Cluster

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIDIAL with mySQl Cluster

Postby vishalsngh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:26 am

Hi

We are planning to setup a VICIDIAL (web + dialer) with separate MYSQL Cluster(using mysql cluster app). Just wanted to know if any one has already attempted it? Any help/tips will bemost welcome!

Thx
vishalsngh

Re: VICIDIAL with mySQl Cluster

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:02 am

It won't work. Clustered MySQL is based on InnoDB-based engines, which are transaction-based and will not work with VICIdial. You can do a Master-Slave MySQL setup though, just make sure you only use the MyISAM family of storage engine options. And just for clarification, we don't actually recommend MySQL anymore, we prefer MariaDB.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby vishalsngh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:44 am

Ok. So does Mariadb Galera cluster a tested solution?
Also, in the conv Master slave mode, if the master fails, how wld the vicidial know which is teh new master?
vishalsngh

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:36 am

No, the Mariadb Galera cluster is not tested with VICIdial since it is based as an Innodb-engine solution. Although they apparently now have experimental support for MyISAM, we have not tested that at all.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby buns » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:08 am

Hi,

I'm working on a Maria DB Galera Cluster for one of customers - 450 seats. I'm working with an Mysql/MariaDB ex employee on this project. We experienced a lots of bug at the beginning but now it is very stable. There's still place for improvement. I'll keep you up to date.
Vicidial Consultant in France and Indian Ocean. http://vicidial.fr
buns

Postby dinurajd » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:00 am

buns wrote:Hi,

I'm working on a Maria DB Galera Cluster for one of customers - 450 seats. I'm working with an Mysql/MariaDB ex employee on this project. We experienced a lots of bug at the beginning but now it is very stable. There's still place for improvement. I'll keep you up to date.

Any update on the mysql galera cluster
dinurajd

Return to Support