saved data

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

saved data

Postby papasteeler » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:37 am

I have forgotten my primary password on my vicidial so we now have to reinstall it. Is there a way of saving all the data and dispositions so that we may transfer it to the new installation, our client list of people called is the most important and obviously we do not want to recall them when they are already clients. Can anybody help?
papasteeler

Re: saved data

Postby blackbird2306 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:44 am

Which password do you mean with "my primary"? Do you mean your root password for linux or for vicidial in web admin section?

If you have access to your linux root shell, then type from cli:
1. mysql -ucron -p1234 asterisk
now you are logged into database cli, change 'lostuser' with e.g '6666':
2. select user,pass from vicidial_users where user='lostuser';

Otherwise if you have lost your root password from linux then:
1. Press 'e' at the boot menu for edit mode
2. Find the line starting with "linux" and append (with one space) " init=/bin/sh" at the end
3. Press F10 for reboot
4. Now you are in a linux environment without password request and you should be able to change the password with typing: passwd

After gaining back access to your system read the posts about backup/restore in this forum. A hint (type this from linux cli):
Code: Select all
perl /usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --debugX

Your backup file for restore purposes should be now in "/var/log/astguiclient/archive" directory!
Last edited by blackbird2306 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Re: saved data

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:15 am

papasteeler wrote:I have forgotten my primary password on my vicidial so we now have to reinstall it. Is there a way of saving all the data and dispositions so that we may transfer it to the new installation, our client list of people called is the most important and obviously we do not want to recall them when they are already clients. Can anybody help?

1) any mysql client can still hit the asterisk DB and download all the data. Even the mysqldump application can be used on a host other than localhost. If you need detailed instructions, post a request and I'm sure someone will post them.
2) if you locked yourself out of the linux root cli account, and you installed with OpenSuSE (Vicibox ...), the root password CAN be cracked simply by using a pre-boot intercept at grub. Instructions for modifying the boot during grub can also be provided.
3) If you merely locked yourself out of the Web interface, there's no need to reinstall. As blackbird pointed out, there are other ways to get your password directly from the DB. Note that any phpMyAdmin installation can be told to use the DB on a different server/host ... so you could "browse" the asterisk DB from a different server quite easily. Especially if you did not alter your cron password.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support