Choosing the RIGHT Sip Provider

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Choosing the RIGHT Sip Provider

Postby samhugs12 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:55 pm

Hey all,

I’m turning to the gurus for this one. I’m new to vicidial and currently setting up my account and need a better sip trunking as I do heavy traffic. Any recommendations on a sip provider that has a very low outbound inbound rate. I will not be holding any of my tollfrees or numbers with this cheap carrier. Just need to do outbound inbound for my pbx(not for an outbound dialing campaign).

What are your suggestions?

Thanks
samhugs12

Re: Choosing the RIGHT Sip Provider

Postby blackbird2306 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 am

You didn't mention, which countries you are calling. Google search e.g. "voip termination countryname call center" will help you, because I think no one will give you names. This is somehow the policy on this forum.
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Postby MJCoate » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:01 pm

It's not really a policy (that I know of) but has more to do with the fact that SIP trunking providers vary wildly across several factors. What OP is asking for certainly exists, though I don't really know of any names off the top of my head, but a quick Google search for "cheap voip" will give several options I'm sure. The main issue here is that to get super cheap rates you're going to have to accept super crappy service. VoIP providers at least are consistent among that - price and quality are usually inversely related. That alone usually defeats any reasons for going for the super cheap ones in the first place. i.e. who cares that you're getting a bargain when all your customers sound like they are under water and your calls constantly drop. The other side of this is to go with the better carriers like Vitelity or X-Cast Labs and see what they can offer in terms of discounted rates for heavy traffic users. Of course, to qualify as heavy in this case usually means you're doing several million minutes of telephony a month.
Mike Coate | VICIdial Technical Support Staff
MJCoate

Postby perci100 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 am

I think a lot of people don't share because it takes a long time to figure out what carriers are going to work for you.

I can add to this that lower rates tend to create some false positives. You might be thinking your getting all kinds of calls through when actually the calls are failing and the carrier sends back a non standard response so asterisk never sees it as a problem. Or you get some wacky route that winds up just ringing and ringing when in if you called from your cell phone the call would go through immediately.

Thus you end up spending a lot of time and money dialing calls that don't go through.

This is what I do and i would say its a good way to set it up.

Sign up with 4-5 carriers , one cheap , one expensive and then some in between to test. Use failover in the dialplan to catch any issues dialing numbers that do get a valid response. So it waterfalls through. You push a majority of your calls to the cheap carrier and if they fail it will move to the next. This way you can test different carriers and not be out of business if one fails or if you want to switch.

However , you also have to dig into this until you are confident your carriers are getting calls through and even then its good to spot check every so often to make sure you are not moved to a different rate deck.

One word of advice if ever arguing with a carrier about anything. Collect as much information as you can , screen shots, times of calls ,phone numbers. It will help avoid the back and forth on whose fault it is.

Good luck!
8 server cluster web/tel x 5/db/archive(rec only) in production inbound/outbound/AMD/full recording |Vicibox 5.0.3 Standard ISO | VERSION: 2.12-549a BUILD: 160404-0940 | Asterisk 1.8.25.0-vici | No added software all servers in RAID 10
perci100

Postby teleinx » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:43 pm

perci100 wrote: Collect as much information as you can , screen shots, times of calls ,phone numbers. It will help avoid the back and forth on whose fault it is.

That is correct. No matter who the carrier is, telling them "my calls are not working" will never get any positive results. :lol: :lol:
VoIP carrier spesilizing in vici dial.
Outboud VoIP Termination | Inboud VoIP Origination | Carrier Data Services
teleinx

Postby gequiros » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:51 am

With PERCI method, you will likely get a lot of NO AUDIO CALLS, cause most of cheap vendors out there, they are just faking answering.... We do not do that....

We are a carrier / VoIP Provider using Stir Shaken Technology, give us a try and you will see results for yourself, in order to get best quality and NO FAS, you will need:

- Good Caller IDs ( Either get ours for Token A or bring yours for Token B )
- Use Rotation of caller IDs to not get them flagged so fast
- Remove DNC numbers from your list ( we can do it for free, this will burn DIDs faster )
- And we can guide you thru a process of what we have seen worked and help other customers to increase ASR

We can help you guys and point in to the right direction

Please, NO FRAUD and NO SCAM TRAFFIC !!!

Please contact us, try and you won't get disappointed

We are FCC Licensed as well listed on the RMD

- Payment methods accepted:
* PayPal
* Credit Card
* Bank Wire Transfer
* USDT / Crypto ( ASK FIRST ) = But this is mostly used by SCAMMERS ( We do not want them at all ) or... People Dealing with China Traffic that we welcome of course !!!

I got very Basic Vicidial Experience, call center owner, so, i as well know this game, and know what honest call center people are looking.... i can understand you easily

Guillermo Quiros
Come 2 VoIP
info@come2voip.com
www.come2voip.com

Phone / WhatsApp: +1-305-209-4241

We are Open from 8am ==> 10pm Eastern Standard Time
Vicibox / ISO

1 x DataBase
1 x Archive
1 x Web
Many dialers

www.Come2VoIP.com