Randon Erronous Data displayed on Realtime Screen

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Randon Erronous Data displayed on Realtime Screen

Postby nvlctur » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:06 am

[img]Hi there - glad to be a part of the forums.

We have a random occurrence.,..and we are trying to pinpoint it and thus far we have been unable to.

On the Real Time Main Report there are the values for (not actual values but im putting values in to show the point):

DIALABLE LEADS: 20000 CALLS TODAY: 50000
LEADS IN HOPPER: 500 DROPPED / ANSWERED: 50 / 4000

From time to time these values go HAYWIRE...they show impossible amounts and give us slight heart attacks. the values will be something like:

DIALABLE LEADS: 5990068 CALLS TODAY: 132987752
LEADS IN HOPPER: 12980 DROPPED / ANSWERED: 2000 / 589887

Then after a couple of manual refreshes it comes back to normal. Why would this be? Should we be worried? This happens at least once a day, sometimes more.

nvlctur

Re: Randon Erronous Data displayed on Realtime Screen

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:05 am

admin.php version and build?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby nvlctur » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:51 am

Hi there

Sorry only replying now, was expecting an email but didnt see one.
I hope I have the right values, I dont have file access the server Vici is on, I tried but here is the numbers Im getting from the page source:

VERSION: 2.14-661a BUILD: 180222-0017

Then I also saw this under the server page:

Administration: Server Version Information
SERVER DESCRIPTION
Path: .
Revision: 2937
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
nvlctur

Postby mflorell » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:09 am

You might try upgrading to the most recent svn/trunk revision and restarting your server, there was a known issue relating to the stats on the real-time screen that was fixed recently.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby nvlctur » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:23 am

TY I will check - I found this post regarding an upgrade procedure, can you possibly let me know if this is one my admins can follow for the upgrade?

As per the aforementioned post, Im going to see if we can upgrade to 2.6? Or is there a version you suggest I upgrade TO from the one we have?
nvlctur

Postby mflorell » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:06 am

You need to upgrade to the most recent svn/trunk revision:
http://wiki.vicidial.org/doku.php?id=svn

After getting the code, follow the UPGRADE instructions from the version you are currently on.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby nvlctur » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:51 am

TY..again. :)

I found my other version values -
ViciVersion: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 2937
DB Schema Version: 1538

The Schema seems to be updated way beyond the actual Viciversion.

If I understood correctly though, I need to update both the SVN and Vici? I'm assuming here that my DBSchema is OK, a document I read about the upgrade stated that I must just make sure the Schema DB is above a certain version.
nvlctur

Postby williamconley » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:48 am

nvlctur wrote:If I understood correctly though, I need to update both the SVN and Vici?

SVN version = subversion, in this case referring to the Subversion Revision Level, which in vicidial is a 4 digit number.

This does not refer to any LIVE code, technically. The SVN repository on your server is where the Vicidial code is stored, prior to installation. However, knowing this version and that this version has been installed is an easy reference to sharing your installed SVN revision level so everyone can be on the same page.

For clarity however: Upgrading the SVN folder of your server has ZERO effect on the running server, you're merely altering the "repository". The advantage of this is that you can then view the new code prior to making any changes on the actual server, even if the server is running. Most importantly, this will give you access to the latest UPGRADE text file which will have detailed instructions on how to complete the upgrade of the LIVE files now that you have downloaded the latest code to your server.

To upgrade the SVN revision level without changing any of the live server files (check, upgrade, check again):

Code: Select all
cd /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk
svn info
svn up
svn info

To reiterate: This will NOT modify any live files on your system.

After this, you will look for and read the UPGRADE document in that trunk folder.

nvlctur wrote:I'm assuming here that my DBSchema is OK, a document I read about the upgrade stated that I must just make sure the Schema DB is above a certain version.

No. The DB Schema Must MATCH the one expected by the Vicidial Version. This is covered in detail in the UPGRADE document, but the short version is that your DB schema should match the last statement in the last ".sql" upgrade file included in your SVN source code. No, it's not as simple as changing the number: Each .sql upgrade file must be executed and in the correct order. Follow the UPGRADE instructions and report any errors here and we'll help you along.

Be SURE to perform a full backup before you begin. I'd go so far as to restore at least the DB on another mySQL db server just to be absolutely certain your backup set is valid. No errors during the back or the restore.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support