Vicidial, zoiper and a tablet, urgent help needed

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial, zoiper and a tablet, urgent help needed

Postby yurtpower » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 am

This is my first post, and I feel like I've searched and can't find the exact answer. I'm running vicidial VERSION: 2.14-661a using zoiper classic and IAX accounts. Everything works fine from pc's. I have an agent who wants to start work and only had an older tablet that I couldn't get zoiper to download to. I see people on Here referencing using iPhones and tablets, is this possible with zoiper classic? What about headphones, what would you use? Trying to get her setup in the morning, so appreciate any quick answers. Thanks in advance!
yurtpower

Re: Vicidial, zoiper and a tablet, urgent help needed

Postby yurtpower » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:14 am

I also wanted to add that I tried downloading zoiper to my iPhone and it appeared to connect but I didn't want to test it as it's the middle of the night here! Not even sure if she has an iPhone or if it's really efficient to use an iPhone if it did work. But would love to know all my non of options. Thanks!
yurtpower

Postby mflorell » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:06 am

When you say "tablet", do you really mean an iPad? Unfortunately, iOS does not follow the rules of every other computer Operating System out there, and it requires different special coding of websites to operate properly, and even then there can be issues with getting VICIdial to work properly on them. If you use an Android tablet, Vicidial should work just fine though.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby yurtpower » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 am

Android tablet is fine, can I use zoiper on it too?
yurtpower

Postby yurtpower » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:26 am

She had a Windows tablet and I can get to work with zoiper but maybe android would work? Can anyone confirm for me thank you so much
yurtpower

Postby williamconley » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:34 am

Soft phones are available for almost all devices. Don't think zoiper is special except for the fact that it speaks IAX in addition to SIP. If you can switch to SIP, you can get a soft phone for almost anything. If you can't switch to SIP, look for an IAX phone specific to the operating system AND version you're working with.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support