please need help understanding pricing asap

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

please need help understanding pricing asap

Postby yurtpower » Fri May 18, 2018 10:42 am

Hi, hoping this may get me the info I need, I posted previously but maybe I wasn't clear. I am currently running a small vicidial operation, 2 agents. We use a cloud based server for $40 a month and each agent can run up to $10 a day in minutes paying .007 per minute. We are in the process of expanding to 5 agents, in the next couple of days. I have someone who will host our agents for $130 a month, which is much cheaper that the minutes we are paying, but I was under the impression that running the server yourself was cheaper. I've spent the last week looking for cheaper minutes and the best I've come up with is .006 per minute. What are people paying on average per agent a month with minutes and everything included? Is there any reason not to go with the cheaper option of being hosted?

Our install is
VERSION: 2.14-661a
BUILD: 180222-0017

Our rate plan:
CPS Limit: 10
Ports: 60
Initial Billing Increment: 6
Subsequent Billing Increment:6
Billing Type: LRN
Rounding Digits:4
Rounding Method: Up
Price Cap:0.05

Please, please, please lol can someone advise me ASAP, I need to get the new agents going, and the more I research the more overwhelmed I am. Thank you!
yurtpower

Re: please need help understanding pricing asap

Postby thephaseusa » Sun May 20, 2018 7:32 pm

Hosted servers are generally known to be secure and reliable, and maybe the best part easily and quickly scalable. It has its advantages. Check out www.vicidial.com . If you are running vicidial who best to host your servers?

On the other hand if you know your way around linux, and have at least one computer suitable for a server, it is cheaper to run your own servers. And you have total control over your operation. And you can use any phone or voip provider you want.

Sounds like you are doing fine so far.

JM
thephaseusa

Return to Support