get2post.php for mysql insert?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

get2post.php for mysql insert?

Postby thephaseusa » Thu May 24, 2018 6:22 pm

I've been thinking for a while of how I could take a sale made in vicidial and push it straight to my customer mysql database, and when I saw the recent discussion about get2post.php it seemed this might be a nice way of doing it. On dispo all fields are committed to the asterisk database, could you also send those fields to another database using a mysql insert statement?

So far what I've been able to do is set up a php web page where I can pull sales from asterisk, and I have buttons to insert them into my customer database. It works great, but I have to do it 1 sale at a time. Could this be done with a Dispo Call URL?

thanks
John M
thephaseusa

Re: get2post.php for mysql insert?

Postby williamconley » Thu May 24, 2018 6:37 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) You refer to a specific php file, without a link to its source. This is a universal internet nono. Those who follow will not benefit from your question/thread (ie: the file to which you refer). Those who may have an opinion but don't have it in upper memory have no link to click on and refresh their memory, thus you are missing opportunities for help from that missing info. In future: Always include a link to your reference source. Helps everyone. Onward.

4) Try this URL on your vicidial server:

/vicidial/help.php#campaigns-dispo_call_url

And then refer to this feature in the Vicidial manager's manual. Note that this feature related to (and shares code and many features among:) Start Call URL, Dispo Call URL, No Agent Call URL, Web Form, and even Scripts (which has a handy dropdown to insert field codes).

While these expect to be fed data from the submission, they can also be php scripts capable of reaching into the Vicidial database to get any data and even executing curl and system commands.

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Thu May 24, 2018 7:26 pm

As soon as I wrote that post I started to think, could i make my asterisk php web page the crm in the campaign setting CRM Popup Address instead of trying to add customers/orders through dispo call url.

/usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/extras/get2post.php
/srv/www/htdocs/secret/crm_example.php front.php
/srv/www/htdocs/secret/crm_settings.php
/srv/www/htdocs/secret/front.php

Would it be better to look at this as a crm or a dispo call url?

John
thephaseusa

Postby williamconley » Thu May 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Depends on your goal. Are you merely pushing data or are you logging the agent in to the CRM for further manipulation.

My advice? Try it both ways. Very educational.
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Thu May 24, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes I see that already))) And I will try it both ways.

My goal is push vicidial dispositioned sales to my customer database, pulling all the customer and order info from vicidial (asterisk) and pushing that to my customer mysql database.

Thanks again,
John M
www.thephaseusa.com
thephaseusa

Postby williamconley » Thu May 24, 2018 8:09 pm

that's the most basic description of "dispo_url" there is.
williamconley

Return to Support