DID Call Time server time vs. Campaign Call time local time

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

DID Call Time server time vs. Campaign Call time local time

Postby thephaseusa » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:07 pm

In campaign settings the call time is based on “local” time in the area codes you are calling, but in DID’s its based on the server time. My server is 1 hours difference between the local time. So I can’t choose 9-9. What would be the best method of getting the DID call time the same as the local time, if the server is on a different time zone?

Would moving the server’s time back an hour work?

Thanks
John M
thephaseusa

Re: DID Call Time server time vs. Campaign Call time local t

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:41 pm

My server is 1 hours difference between the local time.

It's usually best to leave the server time correct and alone, other things tend to work out much better if you don't mess with it. As long as the server's time at the CLI reflects the time the office is in, and the time Zone also is correct, then the server's time functions should work as expected across the board. Anything else will likely break something.

And for clarity: There is no "the local call time". Local time is different for every lead you call and can literally be any hour of the day. Using a call time set as a "local time" in a campaign is unrelated to your time at your facility.

Your best bet would be to create a NEW call time set and set it to 8-8 or 10-10 or whatever your office hours are according to the time that the server will believe it is. This also has the added advantage of being named "Office Hours" instead of a time. And when your office hours adjust, you can adjust it without screwing up anything else or having to rename it. It would ONLY be for things that happen "only during office hours".

You can can also experiment with changing the Server's Time Zone in admin->servers. But remember that making any time zone changes may "shift" after a reboot, whereas creating a new call time set won't.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby thephaseusa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:09 am

Thanks i saw the available options and wasn’t sure if i could create a new call time set. I need 10-10 because i’m on eastern time and calling central time. I see now by clicking Call Time it opens up a new config page. I had never seen this page before!
thephaseusa

Postby mflorell » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:02 am

Yes, you can have hundreds of sets of Call Times if you like, and use different ones for each in-group or call menu.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support