Dahdi Module Not Loading

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dahdi Module Not Loading

Postby thephaseusa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:01 am

I have 5 asterisk servers. On 3 of them the dahdi module doesnt load on boot. Modprobe dahdi gets asterisk to work. I looked at the difference between asterisk asterisk-dahdi and dahdi-tools. They arent all the same even though the installs are all vicibox 7.04. I didn’t want to break anything by upgrading or changing asterisk asterisk-dahdi or dahdi-tools. What is the best way to correct this? Again on 3 asterisk boxes the dahdi module doesn’t load and asterisk doesnt work on a reboot, but modprobe dahdi gets it to work.

For now, i put modprobe dahdi systemctl start dahdi is /etc/rc.d/after.local and dahdi module loads and dahdi service starts on boot.

I imagine I need to upgrade asterisk-dahdi or dahdi-linux or dahdi-tools or something, i just didn’t want to break anything))

Thanks
John M
thephaseusa

Re: Dahdi Module Not Loading

Postby williamconley » Tue May 21, 2019 6:41 pm

If you've already altered the system to launch dahdi and everything works, you can stop there. It may have been a lack of zypper up or lack of network during install. Or something may be failing during the start of the Vicidial service. But once you have dahdi loading successfully on reboot, I wouldn't argue with it, even if you had to put your own manual startup in to make it happen. It's loaded, that's what counts.

I would ask why you used 7.0.4 to install instead of 8.1.2? Are you running an old version of Vicidial that can't handle asterisk 13 (valid reason ...)?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support