uniqueid variable not passed on Manual dial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

uniqueid variable not passed on Manual dial

Postby hashtagjet » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Hi,

I am pretty new to this so pardon me if I sound like a NOOB. So basically, I have a new Vicidial server installed on a desktop. Vicibox v.8.0.1

I set up a campaign for autodial and added the Dispo Call URL. After the call is dispositioned, it sends to my integration server to process. I mainly use the unique ID variable (--A--uniqueid--B--) and gather all the related information via connecting to the database. All works fine. But I tried the same process using manual calls, and the unique Id sent is blank. Am I doing something wrong and why is it only failing when on Manual Dial?

PS. This is the what I have on the Dispo Call URL.
Code: Select all
VARhttps://api.myserver.com/api/v1/data-test.pl?fname=--A--first_name--B--&lname=--A--last_name--B--&uid=--A--uniqueid--B--&notes=--A--comments--B--&status=--A--dispo--B--&phone=--A--phone_number--B--&countrycode=--A--country_code--B--&CF_uses_custom_fields=Y&crm_campaign=--A--cmp_name--B&agent=--A--user--B---
Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Jet
hashtagjet

Re: uniqueid variable not passed on Manual dial

Postby williamconley » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 pm

I would suggest that manually dialed calls do not use the autodial outbound script to assign a unique id, which is not necessary as the call was manually generated directly from the agent's meetme session.

I would also warn you that "uniqueid" is not a description, it's a field name and a misnomer at that. This is not a unique value and the field itself is also not the primary key (likely because primary keys in tables must be Unique!). It's also possible that this value exists, but is merely not captured by the autodial script that is ... not running to generate the call.

If you are trying to identify data related to a lead, use the lead_id field.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby hashtagjet » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:00 pm

Thanks for the swift feedback.

My biggest issue with above solution is I cannot find the lead_id in the call_log table in the database which means I won't get what I need to pass to our CRM. Below is the big picture. Please advise on what other options I have when using manual dial option?

1. Dispo url triggers the webhook (api) and sends the uniqueid and dispo information to the api which uses it to search the asterisk table call_log and get call length and time information.
2. The API links back to the CRM to log each call and link it to the leads which was generated on the CRM
3. The api also removes the Lead from the segment it was from.

Since I do not see the lead_id in the database, I am unsure how useful getting lead_id would be fore me unlike the uniqueid which I can find and link to the calls in the DB. Any idea how to get the uniqueid to work for manual calls?
hashtagjet

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 am

have a look at the agent logs. In fact, you should have a look at everything "_log". Note that while this is a "call", it isn't just a call. It's been generated by an agent in an agent session. That information is what you're after. Agent Logs, Closer Logs ... your best bet is to look for a Report that shows your data, then find where the report gets it's data from and *poof* you're good to go. Many reports allow "&DB=1" to show debugging information which may even include the queries you'll need.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby hashtagjet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:57 am

Thanks for the info. I just used the phone number to search the DB and linked the tables using caller_code column. Seems to have done the trick.
hashtagjet

Return to Support