Short/Fill Balanced Dialing Will It Scale?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Short/Fill Balanced Dialing Will It Scale?

Postby thephaseusa » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:58 am

After MF pointed out to me VICIdial automatically pulls trunks from any asterisk server to fulfill the dialing requirements it has, so I have a cluster of 1 MySQL/Web and 4 Asterisk boxes. I can log in as 1 agent to any of the asterisk servers to a campaign set at ratio dialing 300:1 and VICIdial starts with asterisk box the agent is logged into, and then starts pulling calls from the other boxes till it gets to 300 calls. A wonderful sight to behold)))) So my question is, and i think i know the answer, will this scale?

Can I add 16 asterisk boxes to make 20 total, and VICIdial will pull from all asterisk boxes to get the number of calls asked of it? If yes this is just amazing)))

John Merritt
www.thephaseusa.com
thephaseusa

Re: Short/Fill Balanced Dialing Will It Scale?

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:04 am

Yes, it will. The largest we've done is 26 Asterisk servers in a single VICIdial cluster, and the most calls per day we've done is with one of our hosted clients that has 18 Asterisk servers and is placing over 2 million calls per day some weeks.

Both of those clusters used dial-only servers to some extent, although not to the extreme of only one agent server and all the rest dialing servers. But there is no reason that shouldn't work at that level.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support