Vicidial Admin, clear list but not delete list

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial Admin, clear list but not delete list

Postby hashtagjet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:38 am

Hi,

I have a not so technical supervisor in for our Customer service team and I woudl like to give him access to clearing a list but not delete it. How do I do that cause if I remove delete function, he loses the clear list function as well. Is there a way to make it more granular?

hashtagjet

Re: Vicidial Admin, clear list but not delete list

Postby williamconley » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:59 am

Code: Select all
 if ( (strlen($list_id) < 2) or ($LOGuser_level < 9) or ($LOGdelete_lists < 1) or ($LOGmodify_lists < 1) or ($LOGmodify_leads < 1) )

You could remove "($LOGdelete_lists < 1) or" from these sections
######################
# ADD=512 confirmation before clearing of list
######################

######################
# ADD=612 clear list record and all leads within it
######################

And section 311 (which is very long)

if ( ($LOGuser_level >= 9) and ($LOGdelete_lists > 0) and ($LOGmodify_lists > 0) and ($LOGmodify_leads > 0) )
                         {
                        echo "<br><br><a href=\"$PHP_SELF?ADD=512&list_id=$list_id\">"._QXZ("CLEAR THIS LIST")."</a>\n";
                        }

which is just above
######################
# ADD=431 modify drop list, add new drop status to the drop list drop statuses
######################

Note that this will be "undone" each time you upgrade.

You could also request "clear lists" be added as yet another preference OR included with "modify leads". Or pay for it (request is cute, but payment would get the preference added ...). Only The Vicidial Group has the power to make the change upon request or payment. There is an Issue Tracker at http://www.vicidial.org/VICIDIALmantis/my_view_page.php upon which you could make the request. To offer payment to make it happen ... they have EFLO.net with contact information or http://www.vicidial.com/?page_id=151

If you just want someone to make the change on your system, of course, anyone can do that if you give them access. But it'll have to be done every time you upgrade, so get a DIFF file to make it easier next time (DIFF files aren't guranteed to work on the next version, and you'll need to generate a new one after each successive upgrade, but they often turn a 10-15 minute job into a 2 minute job, so they are quite useful).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support