Preview Dial time limit

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Preview Dial time limit

Postby khuff » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 am

Howdy all,

I was wondering if there was a way to put a time limit on preview dial. We got agents who are being agents and sitting in NXDIAL for way longer than they should. We'd like it to make the call automatically after like 60 seconds if they don't skip. Was wondering if there was any way to do this, or any other advice of something we can do to limit the amount of time an agent spends in preview.

Thanks,
Kevin
Vicibox 8.1 | ViciDial VERSION: 2.14-687a BUILD: 180908-1618 | Asterisk: 11.25.3-vici | Multi Server 12 x Dialers / 2 x Web / 1 x Master DB / 1 x Slave DB / 1 x Archive | No extra software or hardware after install
khuff

Re: Preview Dial time limit

Postby khuff » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Luckily I'm a developer who pokes around in the vicidial database often, so I think I found a method if there are no options available through the campaign settings. Seems like it'd be a little bit of a pain but I've done worse for someone that has less impact on agent performance. Here's my plan in case someone sees any issue with it or if anyone has a better idea.

Run a cron job to watch the vicidial_live_agents table where pause code is NXDIAL
    Find the difference between now and the last_state_change (I belive this is the field I want please correct me if I'm wrong)
    If it is more than 60 seconds or whatever we choose, then I run the agent_api call for preview_dial_action to dial the call, (I'm not sure if it is FINISH or DIALONLY)

Any thoughts?
Vicibox 8.1 | ViciDial VERSION: 2.14-687a BUILD: 180908-1618 | Asterisk: 11.25.3-vici | Multi Server 12 x Dialers / 2 x Web / 1 x Master DB / 1 x Slave DB / 1 x Archive | No extra software or hardware after install
khuff

Postby williamconley » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:29 pm

You could probably piggyback this feature for your "goal" (from Campaign Modify - Detail View):

Manual Dial API -This option allows you to set the Agent API to make either one call at a time, STANDARD, or the ability to queue up manual dial calls and have them dial automatically once the agent goes on pause or is available to take their next call with the option to disable the automatic dialing of these calls, QUEUE, or QUEUE_AND_AUTOCALL which is the same as QUEUE but without the option to disable the automatic dialing of these calls. If an agent has more than one call queued up for them they will see the count of how many manual dial calls are in queue right below the Pause button, or Dial Next Number button. We suggest that if QUEUE is used that you send API actions using the preview=YES option so you are not repeatedly dialing calls for the agent without notice. Also, if using QUEUE and heavily using manual dial calls in a non MANUAL dial method, we would recommend setting the Agent Pause After Each Call option to Y. Default is STANDARD.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby blackbird2306 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Don't go the way with cron job and database query. Cronjobs start once a minute (yes you can start it more frequently with e.g. sleep) and the inaccuracy could be around 2 minutes not to mention the higher impact on database load. Just go with my solution (change the 60000 ms according to your wishes).
Make changes in vicidial.php about line 9073 (svn revision 3020) and add the red part at 2 different places:

// ################################################################################
// Send the Manual Dial Next Number request
var manual_timeout;
function ManualDialNext(mdnCBid,mdnBDleadid,mdnDiaLCodE,mdnPhonENumbeR,mdnStagE,mdVendorid,mdgroupalias,mdtype,MDNclick)
{
if ( (document.vicidial_form.LeadPreview.checked==true) && (active_ingroup_dial.length < 1) )
{
// ADD THIS FURTHER DOWN ABOUT LINE 9147
clearTimeout(manual_timeout);
manual_timeout = setTimeout(function(){
manual_click = document.getElementById("MainStatuSSpan").getElementsByTagName('a')[0];
manual_click.click();
}, 60000);

reselect_preview_dial = 1;
in_lead_preview_state = 1;
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Postby Vince-0 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:50 am

New feature might help:
Manual Auto Next Seconds
If the Dial Method is set to MANUAL or INBOUND_MAN, then this setting will trigger the next lead to be automatically be dialed after this number of seconds. If enabled, it cannot be set lower than 5 seconds. Default is 0 for disabled.
Manual Auto Next Options
If the Manual Auto Next option is enabled above, then this setting will determine if the timer to automatically dial the next number will count down while the agent is paused or not. Default is DEFAULT, which will count down while the agent is paused.
Vince-0

Postby blackbird2306 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:10 am

khuff wrote:I was wondering if there was a way to put a time limit on preview dial.

The question concerned "preview dial". Manual Auto Next Seconds function doesn't trigger dial command on preview dial.
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Return to Support