Incoming number changed to YXX after Queue Timeout

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Incoming number changed to YXX after Queue Timeout

Postby sohaib » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:23 am

Hi,

I am having issue on incoming call, i have set the queue timeout in my ingroup to 60 secs and then call transfer to an ivr where caller select either to continue wait or leave voicemail, if caller select continue wait, caller comes again in queue, but at that time callerid get changed and it shows Y82xxxxxxxxxx some random numbers. I am not sure from where and why it is getting changed.

please let me know if there is anything i have made mistake.

thanks.

Sohaib
sohaib

Re: Incoming number changed to YXX after Queue Timeout

Postby mflorell » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:57 am

That's what the "Action Transfer CID" In-Group setting is for:

Action Transfer CID: Used for Drop, After-hours and No-agent-no-queue actions. This is the caller ID number that the call uses before it is transferred to extensions, messages, voicemail or call menus. You can use CUSTOMER in this field to use the customer phone number, or CAMPAIGN to use the first allowed campaign caller id number. Default is CUSTOMER. If this is a call that will go to a Call Menu and then back to an in-group, we suggest you use CUSTOMERCLOSER in this field, and also you need to set the In-Group Handle Method in the Call Menu to CLOSER.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby sohaib » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:34 am

Hi,

It is already Customer.

but still some of the number showing YX... , i noticed that the first call came with real CLI and when it get dropped, and again came in queue it is showing Yxxx, i can modify it via mysql query to fix in report, but not sure why this is still coming
sohaib

Postby blackbird2306 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:03 am

What Matt meant with it is "CUSTOMERCLOSER" and not "CUSTOMER".

This is one ingroup setting, which could change something at a recall: "Hold Recall Transfer In-Group".
Hold Recall Transfer In-Group
If a customer calls back to this in-group more than once and this is not set to NONE, then the call will automatically be sent on to the In-Group selected in this field. Default is NONE.
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Return to Support