Ingroup drop action caller ID

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Ingroup drop action caller ID

Postby dspaan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:47 pm

We have an ingroup (with 1 remote on-hook agent in it) that Has an X seconds drop action that is set to MESSAGE, in the Drop Exten we forward the call to a DID on another vicidial server which works, the call enters the ingroup on the other server. However it enters as an anonymous call, the caller ID is gone.

I have experimented with the following ingroup settings:

On-Hook CID
On-Hook CID Number (i don't understand this setting in comparison with the On-Hook CID setting)
Action Transfer CID (i think this setting does not apply to Drop action setting)

We also have no agent no queueing active and this also transfers the call to the same external DID on the other system and also causes the call to be anonymous.

What do i need to do so my calls get a caller ID?
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Re: Ingroup drop action caller ID

Postby williamconley » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:09 pm

offhand, I'd say you are sending the call to a method that expects "play a message and hang up". since the "message" is just a recording, it does not need to know the CID of the caller, so the system doesn't provide it. However: If you were to send the call to an Ingroup, and put the other remove Vicidial into that ingroup as another OnHook Agent ... that other Vicidial system would get the CID just like the earlier agent did. Because OnHook agents require CID (and there are settings for it).

In fact: Why wouldn't you be doing this already? This keeps the call visible in the Real Time Screen and essentially is how many rooms "sell calls" between each other without losing track of them. once you drop to sending the call to an extension ... you lose coded control of that call within vicidial. You're telling the system "I don't want to use the Vicidial stuff any more, just send this call to an extension". "Oh, but i do want to use the Vicidial controls and coding ... but in this non-vicidial extension, please." 8-) Yes this could be coded, and may even be possible. But OnHook Ingroup Agents already exist and are designed for this purpose AND you're already using them.

If you changed the ring order to a skill based one (agent rank or grade) and put your existing user as the first remote agent, you wouldn't even be dropping the call: The external Vicidial would just be the second agent in the queue. And if they don't answer because their server is down, i'll ring back through the queue again.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby dspaan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi Bill,

I already tried to use a remote agent for that before i got to trying this. Just tried that again just now and set the DID of the other vicidial server as the External extension of that remote agent but i still receive it on the other server as an anonymous call.

How would i otherwise login a remote vicidial server as a remote agent on the local server? I'm already using agent goup rank as handle method so i'm close to what you suggested :P
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Postby williamconley » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:50 pm

If the remote agent already on THIS server gets the CID, there's no reason a remote agent (that happens to also be another Vicidial server) would be treated any differently.

1) If the existing remote agent does not already get the CID, find out why.

2) If the existing remote agent DOES get the CID, find out why this remote agent is different. Consider using your cell phone's number as the remote agent to prove the CID is not being passed (ie: what if it IS, but the Vicidial server is ignoring it?)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support