Manual Dial Filter Check Only Internal DNC List

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Manual Dial Filter Check Only Internal DNC List

Postby arunvsadnikov » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi Team,

We have an active outbound campaign running successfully, recently we have enabled Manual dialing and set "Manual Dial Filter" as DNC_ONLY to kick out all customers opted for not to call. Now we would like to check for DNC only in Internal System DNC, campaign DNC are allowed to call only for manual. Is there any way we can filter manual dial DNC lookup only referring to internal master system DNC? Appreciate your help.

Code: Select all

Vicidial Version:   2.14b0.5
SVN Version:   2656
DB Schema Version:   1484
ViciBox v.7.0.3-160505
Asterisk 11.22.0-vici

Thanks
~Arun
arunvsadnikov

Re: Manual Dial Filter Check Only Internal DNC List

Postby williamconley » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:19 pm

1) You posted your Vicidial version, but not the BUILD. Please always post your build. (otherwise, your specs were very well posted, i see you're trying!)

2) Vicidial has two DNC methods: "Internal System DNC" and "campaign DNC". The "DNC_ONLY" option refers to the "Internal System DNC". Which sounds like what you want to filter ... and it already does.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby arunvsadnikov » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:50 am

williamconley wrote:1) You posted your Vicidial version, but not the BUILD. Please always post your build. (otherwise, your specs were very well posted, i see you're trying!)

Sorry about that, I will make sure I add it from the next time onwards :)
Code: Select all
BUILD: 161226-2224

2) Vicidial has two DNC methods: "Internal System DNC" and "campaign DNC". The "DNC_ONLY" option refers to the "Internal System DNC". Which sounds like what you want to filter ... and it already does.

I did a quick testing on this in a campaign and noticed when I dispose a lead as DNC, it is getting added in both vicidial_dnc and vicidial_campaign_dnc tables. Is there any settings where we can make the lead DNC to that specific campaign? Because we have other campaigns where we can call this lead and currently unable to make manual calls to those numbers. Thanks and appreciate your help.
arunvsadnikov

Postby VFRDavid » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:43 pm

I am running a system with the following versions:

Version: 2.14b0.5
VERSION: 2.14-670a
BUILD: 180424-1521
SVN 2973
DB Schema 1542
Asterisk 11.22.0-vici on all servers

I recently had to make some changes to our campaign DNC list settings - we are now running multiple related campaigns - so - rather than have to duplicate DNC entries across campaigns - we just added in a "new" campaign (let's call it 'NEWCAMP') and entered this into the "shared" campaigns' "Other Campaign DNC" entries (and turned off the 'Use Internal DNC List' entry). When we disposition calls - it works as expected - mostly - the new entries all go into the vicidial_campaign_dnc table, with the campaign_id filled with 'NEWCAMP'. It also appears to be properly "DNCC-ing" any related campaigns' leads based on these campaign_dnc table entries. Here is where it seems to be failing ... We also are trying to stop people from *manually* calling records on our (newly shared) DNC list - but - it appears to be IGNORING records in the NEWCAMP list - BUT - it IS STILL listening to the previous entries in the vicidial_campaign_dnc table, for whatever campaign the agent is logged into while dialing. Now - you might tell me to delete all of the records for these "old" campaign_id's so that *only* the NEWCAMP's entries will be there - but - I am still not 100% sure we're sticking with this shared DNC arrangement - by leaving the records in there - I can just empty the "Other Campaign DNC" field - and revert to the previous / separate DNC list(s) if necessary (and maybe manually add in the NEWCAMP's DNC entries into the other campaigns' DNC's if we decide to.

I tried using the "DNC_ONLY" option for the "Manual dial Filter" - but - that doesn't seem to be taking the "Other Campaign DNC" entry into account...

Has this been corrected in a later SVN? Am I just missing what the correct Manual Dial Filter should be?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!!!

David
David
VFRDavid

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:12 am

Several portions of the DNC check in the agent screen were re-written last September, so if you upgrade your system you might have different behavior than you see now depending on the settings you use.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby VFRDavid » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:50 pm

I will do my best to schedule the necessary time this weekend and report back my results - thanks for the quick reply!
David
VFRDavid

Return to Support