Export Translation Phrases

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Export Translation Phrases

Postby ftartari » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:39 am

Hello everyone,

Vicidial Version: 2.14-683a

I added a new PT-BR language, I imported some phrases files that I found on the internet and everything worked very well!

I translated several phrases that were missing from the Vicidial panel itself and everything worked wonderfully well !!

Now I would like to export all PT-BR phrases to a file, so I can import it into another installation.

How can I export phrases to a file?
Where does Vicidial store the phrases I've added? BD or file?

Thank you very much
ftartari

Re: Export Translation Phrases

Postby blackbird2306 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:10 am

The translated phrases are stored in "vicidial_language_phrases" database table. It is very easy to export these translated phrases to a file.
Export:
Admin --> Languages --> "Export Phrases" link top of screen --> select your language --> SUBMIT --> save export txt file

Import process:
1. Open downloaded txt file in an text editor. Mark full text (CTRL + A) then copy it to clipboard (CTRL + C).
2. Admin --> Languages --> "Import Phrases" link top of screen --> select the language (you need to add this new language just before) --> paste clipboard into "Import Data" field (CTRL + V)
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Re: Export Translation Phrases

Postby mflorell » Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:53 pm

If you have a few minutes after you are done, we would love for you to upload your new translation file to the Issue Tracker :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support