SSL API integration

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

SSL API integration

Postby pargat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi,

This is not a pure vicidial question but still asking here as this is the place most likely get an answer.

I have a clean fresh install of vicidial from vicibox 8.1. It is installed well and working fine.
I need to integrate vicidial with a custom CRM.
The CRM is supposed to send vicidial the phone number and the agent ID to give the call to. This is being acheived by the external_call API function. The call is triggered successfully.

On completion of the call I am supposed to send back to the CRM the talk time, and the disposition and few other details etc. The Dispo Call URL calls a script on vicidial which encodes the data as required by the CRM API and sends it to the CRM via CURL.
The issue is that the CRM expects this to be over https and we get a SSL error.

Is implementing SSL via certbot or openssl for apache only good enough or do I need to do more to overcome this error.

Thanks in advance.
pargat

Re: SSL API integration

Postby williamconley » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 pm

and we get a SSL error

Probably better if you posted the error. In many cases you can tell it to ignore the error, in others you can "trust" the cert even though it was self-issued. Note that the ssl on the vicidial server only applies to the vicidial server when it's providing information, not when it's requesting information. So if your CRM is on a different server, the Vicidial cert has no impact on this transaction.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support