Upgrade gone wild: users, lists, campaigns missing

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Upgrade gone wild: users, lists, campaigns missing

Postby roljac » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:10 am

I was preparing to do an upgrade to Vici and ran this command:

/usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --debugX

Then I did this:
svn checkout svn://svn.eflo.net:3690/agc_2-X/trunk

Then:
go to the Admin -> Servers -> Modify Server
page and set each one to "Rebuild conf files = Y" and click submit.

Now I can access the admin page but have limited permissions. I can poke around, but users, lists, and campaigns are missing. Voice mailboxes, email accounts and other settings seem to be fine. Obviously I'm missing the important stuff. I cannot create anything new.

How do I get back to where I was before I shot myself in the foot?
roljac

Re: Upgrade gone wild: users, lists, campaigns missing

Postby thephaseusa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:49 am

I take it you have only one box? That’s why you ran the commands on one computer?

Good job backing up your system. It’s recommended though that you take the mysql database asterisk that you backed up and restore the backup on another computer, look at yesterday’s call and make sure they are there and that your db restored correctly. In other words make sure the backup works before you upgrade your system.

When upgrading you get the latest revision with SVN checkout or SVN up but that just downloads it.

Next step is upgrading the database schema:

mysql (alternatively use mysql -u root -p)
use asterisk
\. /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/extras/upgrade_2.14.sql
quit

Keep in mind that is the last database upgrade script. Depending on which schema you are upgrading from you may have to run other scripts as well. Look at this file before you run it in /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/extras/upgrade_2.14.sql

After you have upgraded your database schema, then you install the new revision with perl ./install.pl

Then you should be able to access your admin stuff normally.

JM
thephaseusa

Return to Support