Dial out with PIN

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Dial out with PIN

Postby SPAMSAM » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:29 am

Hi,

I'm guessing this is probably not an option but i'm going to try my luck anyways.

I have a call center where some of the teamleaders have hardphone which they dial directly form (they just add the prefix in front of the number, recording is done by changing the phones context to defaultlog). essentially we doubled the dialer as a PBX for management with a little bit of trickery.

Obviously some of the agents have caught wind of it and are no dialing out using the same method, which messes with management's reporting.

Is there a way to implement a pin code or something similar for the teamleaders?

VERSION: 2.14-683a
BUILD: 180809-1547
© 2018 ViciDial Group
SPAMSAM

Re: Dial out with PIN

Postby blackbird2306 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:41 am

Do you want to prevent the agents from dialing out directly from their phones? Then you can change the phone context in phone settings to something like "agent-nodial".
Phone Context
This is the dial plan context that this phone will use to dial out. If you are running a call center and you do not want your agents to be able to dial out outside of the agent screen application for example, then you would set this field to a dialplan context that does not exist, something like agent-nodial. default is default.

There is also the Authenticate() command in asterisk, which you can use in your dialplan.
http://the-asterisk-book.com/1.6/applikationen-authenticate.html
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_Authenticate
Vicibox 6.0.2 from Vicibox_v.6.0.x86_64-6.0.2.iso | Vicidial 2.12-560a build: 160617-1427 | Asterisk 1.8.32.3
blackbird2306

Re: Dial out with PIN

Postby SPAMSAM » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Thanks blackbird, much appreciated. Will update the thread with the outcome for others dealing with the same set of circumstances.
SPAMSAM

Return to Support