Soundboard latency

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Soundboard latency

Postby xlyreb2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:31 am

Good day,

I was just wondering and i have been trying to isolate the cause of my issues for these previous weeks.. I did a soundboard with the preference based on the recommended audio format which is (16-bit, 8000hz, pcm, .wav) kind of format everything seems working on the initial day it was launched but we had this unexpected power outage that, that someone messed with the tables right after, then we started having this latency/delay issues with the soundboard buttons even after repairing the tables i have tried re-doing the whole thing and it still gives the same issues moving from SIP to IAX2 with the preferred codec and stuff still doesn't work.. i'm would take any suggestions to overcome this issue

thanks!

Vicibox8 from vicibox8.iso
VERSION: 2.14-667a
BUILD: 180331-1715
Asterisk 11.25.3-vici
Single Server
Intel (R) Xeon (R) L5640
Dell PowerEdge R610
xlyreb2

Re: Soundboard latency

Postby thephaseusa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Can you describe in more detail?

Before, you push a button and the audio file played immediately?

And after power failure, you push a button and the audio file plays 1 second after, 2 seconds, 5 seconds? How long a delay?

Is everything else working okay after your outage? Only the soundboard is not working right?
thephaseusa

Re: Soundboard latency

Postby xlyreb2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Hi there,

the actual issue is when we push a button it takes 3-5 seconds before it plays we did not have this issue before the power outage
and right after the power outage when the power is back up some tables crashed which is repaired but the delay started from there and yes, it is only the soundboard delay the persists
xlyreb2

Return to Support