Basic Callback Behaviour

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Basic Callback Behaviour

Postby hashtagjet » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:09 am

Hi,

I'm assuming I do not have to paste full system specifications since this is a general Vicidial discussion. But here are basic info for Vicidial. We are running Vicidial 8.0.1 .

Basically I just wanted to ask how Vicidial behaves when a callback is scheduled.

Example.
1. If a customer is called and the customer requests a callback for 7pm. When it's 7 pm, will Vicidial assign it to the agent that set the callback or will it choose randomly from all logged in agent?
2. If a callback is scheduled for 8pm and no one is online at that moment? What happens to the callback? Do we lose the opportunity to call the customer?

Thanks in advance,
Jet
hashtagjet

Re: Basic Callback Behaviour

Postby williamconley » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:47 am

hashtagjet wrote:Hi,

I'm assuming I do not have to paste full system specifications since this is a general Vicidial discussion. But here are basic info for Vicidial. We are running Vicidial 8.0.1 .

Buzz. Wrong. lol

You ALWAYS post your Vicidial Version with Build. Although also posting your installer version is recommended. And for the record: It's ViciBOX 8.0.1 (vicibox is the installer, vicidial is the call center suite).
hashtagjet wrote: Basically I just wanted to ask how Vicidial behaves when a callback is scheduled.

Example.
1. If a customer is called and the customer requests a callback for 7pm. When it's 7 pm, will Vicidial assign it to the agent that set the callback or will it choose randomly from all logged in agent?
2. If a callback is scheduled for 8pm and no one is online at that moment? What happens to the callback? Do we lose the opportunity to call the customer?

Thanks in advance,
Jet

This is not "just a discussion", it's a support question. I'll move it to the support section of Vicidial.

Have you read the Vicidial Manager's Manual?

To directly answer your question: when someone asks for a specific time for their callback, it's also expected that the callback will be for a specific agent. Thus at the allotted time that agent will receive a notice on their agent screen that they have a callback. If that person is not online, nobody will get a notice UNTIL that user logs back in and they will then receive the notice. It's also customary to reassign callbacks for missing agent (when they are a no-show for work) to avoid loss of those "more likely" sales.

In the manager's manual is the description of usage for "anyone" callbacks vs "assigned" callbacks.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support