Inbound calls being delivered to agents on outbound calls

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Inbound calls being delivered to agents on outbound calls

Postby scopor » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:46 pm

Hello to the vicidial community. I have the captioned issue where agents on manual outbound calls are getting an inbound calls that completely cuts off their outbound calls. What can be causing this? I can't seem to figure it out. My setup is as follows. vicibox 8 installed as an all-in-one vicidial server using the vicibox-express install method. Version 2.14-673a BUILD 180512-2217. The campaign is not even set as blended. Neither is there any agent on the inbound group so that I force the call to remain in queue. I tested this while looking at the agent screen and the call got routed to the agent and knock off their outbound call. Any advice would be appreciated.
scopor

Re: Inbound calls being delivered to agents on outbound call

Postby williamconley » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:13 pm

1) Vicibox has 3 parts to the installer version, and you only listed "8", it's "8.X.X". Please post the FULL version of the installer.

2) I do not recommend express. My best advice is to re-install with standard (vicibox-install, not vicibox-express) and see if that resolves your problem.

3) You are describing a problem with inbound DIDs (possibly with a call menu or ingroup), but have shared NO information regarding the route of the inbound calls in question. For a call to arrive at an agent's phone OR meetme room, the call *should* arrive at the server, get handled by an agi script in the Vicidial suite, and then get routed ... somewhere. But we have none of this information.

4) You have also not shared any CLI output from Asterisk which may explain the behavior. When you do post CLI output, please remember to post a FULL call but NOT 3000 lines of unrelated code. If the problem is reproducible, it's best to have NO other traffic on the system and just run the test and then show the code from beginning to end of the test call.

5) To begin the troubleshooting process: We must first be certain that these calls are indeed being handled by Vicidial. For this you should share your Carrier configuration (omit or XXX any users/passwords/ips). Most important is the "context=" entry for the carrier.

6) If you have not yet done so, this would be a good time to begin the DID/Inbound calls section(s) of the Vicidial Manager's Manual as they do provide step by step instructions for configuring inbound calls.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Inbound calls being delivered to agents on outbound call

Postby ambiorixg12 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 pm

As it was said before, it will be good the following information to debug this issue
The DID configuration on the vicidial where is the DID routed ?
Trunk setup (inbound context handling)
Asterisk CLI when this issue happen
ambiorixg12

Return to Support