Call Waiting for GSM Gateway

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Call Waiting for GSM Gateway

Postby ketan9 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:07 am

Hi,

I have a OpenVox GSM Gateway which I have configured with ViciBox 8.1.2 ( iso based install ). We are using it for both inbound and outbound calls. The setup works fine for GSM sims when I have set as call waiting disabled. In this scenario, customer calling will get a busy signal if that sim is used for a call, so I want to have call waiting enabled.

But if I enable call waiting on GSM sims, then if an agent is speaking to a client, the ongoing call gets dropped and the call waiting call gets answered automatically.

Ideally, I would want to register the the call waiting number somewhere, so other agent can initiate the call and get in touch with that client. I would appreciate if someone can guide us with the setup on how we can accomplish this and where the change would be.
ketan9

Re: Call Waiting for GSM Gateway

Postby williamconley » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:20 pm

This would be in OpenVox's interface with SIP channels. Not in any way related to Vicidial. Perhaps related to Asterisk, but more likely a configuration option in the OpenVox hardware. Not saying that it's in any way likely that what you want can be accomplished, but there may be options available to work out a solution that's adequate to your needs.

For instance: It may be possible to temporarily place the original call on hold, capture the CID from the new call, play a "buzz" tone, and terminate the new call, and return to the "Held" call ... all in about two seconds. This would be disruptive for the call, but if the SIP signalling will allow switching, then an automated script/handler could be built. But all of that supposition requires that there be some exposure of that call waiting function to the SIP channel for Asterisk to manage it. Of course, it's also possible that the CID is visible without connecting the call. Have to check the OpenVox docs.

If the Telco for that GSM doesn't allow call failover when busy, your limitation is perhaps insurmountable. This *is* the danger of a single line telco account.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ketan9 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:04 am

Hi William,

Thanks for the reply. I will speak to the Gateway vendor and see if I can get the documents for the same, but I would need someone who can help me with implementing the proper solution for that. Would you be able to do it assuming I am able to get the documentation?

Actually, let me correct my initial statement. When the call waiting is enabled, then if an agent is speaking to a client, the ongoing call gets put on hold automatically and the waiting call gets answered. Once the waiting call is answered, the call on hold gets connected. Does this change anything or give more insight to the issue?
ketan9

Postby williamconley » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:10 pm

ketan9 wrote:Hi William,

Thanks for the reply. I will speak to the Gateway vendor and see if I can get the documents for the same, but I would need someone who can help me with implementing the proper solution for that. Would you be able to do it assuming I am able to get the documentation?

Actually, let me correct my initial statement. When the call waiting is enabled, then if an agent is speaking to a client, the ongoing call gets put on hold automatically and the waiting call gets answered. Once the waiting call is answered, the call on hold gets connected. Does this change anything or give more insight to the issue?

Assuming the CID for that temporary call is shown, it may already be possible to write a script to detect and manage this quickly. However: "Once the waiting call is answered, the call on hold gets connected." If one is answered and the other is "connected", doesn't that make it a 3-way call? I don't think that's what you meant to say!
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support