impossible to call some numbers

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

impossible to call some numbers

Postby pikokk » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:48 am

hello to all, I have a strange problem, vicidial does not allow me to call the numbers starting with 345xx - 351xx - 371xx, when I try to call me error "person you are calling is unavailable etc etc", I have no voice mail, I have tried to add a new phone (with 351) and tried to delete it, but nothing changes, the phones are numbered from 200 to 302

ideas ??

TX to relpy
pikokk

Re: impossible to call some numbers

Postby ambiorixg12 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:02 pm

You need to post your Asterisk CLI, as this message could be sent as early media, so if this is the case issue is outside Asterisk and vicidial, also have you try other carrier ?
ambiorixg12

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:29 pm

pikokk wrote:hello to all, I have a strange problem, vicidial does not allow me to call the numbers starting with 345xx - 351xx - 371xx, when I try to call me error "person you are calling is unavailable etc etc", I have no voice mail, I have tried to add a new phone (with 351) and tried to delete it, but nothing changes, the phones are numbered from 200 to 302

ideas ??

TX to relpy

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) ambiorixg12 is correct. It starts with the asterisk cli output from a single full call. Not 3000 lines of unrelated code, but the entire call beginning to end.

4) Perhaps also include your carrier dialplan.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby ambiorixg12 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:46 pm

pikokk wrote: "person you are calling is unavailable etc etc",

I havent seem his logs, but I'm almost 100 % sure that message it is not generated on the Asterisk dial plan side, unless he add it manually , and I doubt it. That message is send by the remote end ( carrier). But until we dont have a log were are in theory mode
ambiorixg12

Postby pikokk » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:03 am

sorry for my imprecision, but I arrived in a call center where vicidial is already present and I've never used it

version: 2.4-357a
build: 120125-2107
pikokk

Postby ambiorixg12 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:54 am

You have 2 big problem here, you don't know how to use Vicidial and possibly neither Asterisk. In this particular case I cant help as this a peer foum and in order to help others members it is needed have at least some kind of basic knowledge in order to provide the necessary logs to debug your issue and also it is needed you know how to execute any given solution here on your system.
ambiorixg12

Postby williamconley » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:03 pm

pikokk wrote:sorry for my imprecision, but I arrived in a call center where vicidial is already present and I've never used it

To get output from the asterisk command line, you enter this at the linux command line:
Code: Select all
screen -r asterisk

Note that this method of accessing the asterisk command line is not merely a "viewer", you are looking at the asterisk console and if you force an "exit" (using control c) you will STOP asterisk. So don't do that. lol

Once in the asterisk command line, you use these keystrokes to Exit the Asterisk command line:
Code: Select all
[ctrl-a] [ctrl-d]

Your next fun task is to learn asterisk. Start at page one of the Vicidial Manager's Manual. Don't stop until you know everything you want to know but under NO circumstances do you skip any pages. Later pages often depend on knowledge from earlier ones. So treat it as a linear-learning-experience, continue until you have what you need. If you decide to go back for something, start where you left off and continue.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby pikokk » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:11 am

hi guys, I found the problem is the carrier that doesn't allow you to call the numbers with those prefixes, thanks for the help
pikokk

Return to Support