Populate iframe fields

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Populate iframe fields

Postby hansg » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi,

I have a webform which sends data to my CRM. I have placed the link to the webform in an iframe so that it appears on the agents script page.

I need the customers name, phone number and address etc. to automatically fill my form so that the agent does not have to fill in all of the details.

My Script iFrame
Code: Select all
<iframe src=http://serverip/form.php?customer_phone_c=--A--phone_number--B--&newtitle_c=--A--title--B--&newfirstname_c=--A--first_name--B--&newsurname_c=--A--last_name--B--&address_1_c=--A--address1--B--&address_2_c=--A--address2--B--&address_3_c=--A--address3--B--&postcode_c=--A--postal_code--B--&agent_name_c=--A--fullname--B--" style="background-color:transparent;" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" id="popupFrame" name="popupFrame" width="--A--script_width--B--" height="--A--script_height--B--" STYLE="z-index:17"></iframe>

Extract from my form:
<td style="text-align: left; font-size: 12px; font-weight: normal;" width="15%"><span>Customer Phone: </span></td>
<td style="font-size: 12px; font-weight: normal;" width="35%"><span><input id="customer_phone_c" type="text" name="customer_phone_c" /></span></td>

Can someone give me a point in the right direction. I had this working previously but can't remember what i done.
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Re: Populate iframe fields

Postby williamconley » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Assuming linux server running apache with php. Also assuming the form's filename ends in ".php" to invoke the php parser. Here's the customer phone input value being 'dropped in' to the input during page load:
<input id="customer_phone_c" type="text" name="customer_phone_c" value="<?PHP echo $_REQUEST['customer_phone_c']; ?>" />
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Populate iframe fields

Postby hansg » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:43 pm

williamconley wrote:Assuming linux server running apache with php. Also assuming the form's filename ends in ".php" to invoke the php parser. Here's the customer phone input value being 'dropped in' to the input during page load:
<input id="customer_phone_c" type="text" name="customer_phone_c" value="<?PHP echo $_REQUEST['customer_phone_c']; ?>" />

You assume correctly! Added the above PHP Request and got everything working perfectly.

Thanks William!
Dual Core - 4GB DDR3 - 80GB SSD
Vicibox 9
VERSION: 2.14-751a
BUILD: 200425-0949
SSL Installed
hansg

Return to Support