Access recordings via FTP on localhost

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Access recordings via FTP on localhost

Postby dspaan » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:56 am

I have an NFS mounted on my vicidial server where the recordings are being placed through a symlink for /var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE/MP3.

I would now like to use the AST_VDsales_export.pl script so the sales are placed in directories that can be accessed by a supervisor through FTP. What is the best way to do this? I noticed there is a config file for vsftpd in /etc/vsftpd.conf and when i start the service i can do ftp to localhost but it's unclear for me what the user is or if i need to make any other configurations to run a local FTP server.
Regards, Dennis

Vicibox 9.0.1
Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3199
DB Schema Version: 1588
Build: 200310-1801
dspaan

Re: Access recordings via FTP on localhost

Postby omarrodriguezt » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:02 am

You must create an user for it, and read here /etc/vsftpd.conf the settings.
Also, yast has a GUI that helps to create an FTP user
http://www.ITContinental.com
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Re: Access recordings via FTP on localhost

Postby williamconley » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:49 pm

Vicibox's install script will auto-activate and configure vsftp for you. Always say yes to this feature when offered. It's much simpler to turn off the vsftp service after installation if you don't want to use it than it is to get vsftp operational if you say no. lol.

plus: recordings should NOT remain in MP3. They should get pushed to the ftp server which will store them in "daily folders". It's also a bit simpler to have that FTP service on a different HD (mounted in /home) or even on a completely different server. This reduces the restore time of the Vicidial HD in case of a server death (archive servers die, too, but there's even a redundant ftp method in Vicidial for easy "Just move the redundant HD into the primary server" recovery!).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support