Conference call information connects

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Conference call information connects

Postby pargat » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 am

Hi All,

My installation details:
Vicibox 8.1.2 installation (About a couple of months ago). Installed from vicibox ISO. All working fine without issues. :)
Asterisk v.13, Vicidial ver 2.14-689a. 4 port Digium card for inbound/outbound calls.

My scenario is as follows:
Step 1) Agent gets inbound call field executive. Agent listens to issue. Tries to give solution to field executive.
Step 2) Optional step. Agent parks call, and calls service provider or customer for solution using conference facility and talks to them. Ends call.
The agent has to service provider or customer number max 3 times before taking a decision himself on the solution

Step 3) Agent grabs parked call and gives resolution/update to field executive.
Step 4) Agent disposes call.

From the reports I can get the number of inbound calls and times.

For Step 2: The client for whom we run the process wants to know the number of Outbound Calls that have been attempted and successfully completed (answered by service provider)

I can see the data for outbound calls made in user_call_log table, but how to find which calls were answered and which were not.

Any support on this appreciated.
thanks
pargat

Re: Conference call information connects

Postby williamconley » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:32 am

Experiment with using the vicidial_dial_log to see if the hangup columns there are useful. This record should also get you the caller_code which may be useful in other tables for linking.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby pargat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:40 am

Thanks william !!

The vicidial_dial log table has the hangup columns empty ... i tguess that is due to us using digium card (dahdi channels)

The most data I have found so far is in the user_call_log table ... but it does not have any data on the connected (answered) calls vs dialed (attempted) calls.

thanks once again
pargat

Postby williamconley » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm

When you want to find ALL changes related to an incident: mysqldump (the whole database) with "single line per record" option. Then test a call. Dump again. DIFF the two dumps. You may get some extraneous changes in addition to those from your call, but that will be minimized if you can avoid any other activity on the server while running the test.

That will give you a comprehensive list of changes. If you want to see the difference between agent/client hangup, you'll need to do the entire thing twice and compare the results.

And if all else fails, there's still file-based logs. If the information is available there, you may be able to modify a script to capture that information and store it in an existing field.

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support