How can I determine which version of Vicibox was used?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How can I determine which version of Vicibox was used?

Postby mrgunston » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 am

I am using the following version of Vicidial.

VERSION: 2.12-565a
BUILD: 160827-0917

How can I determine which version of ViciBox installer I need to use so as to create a new dialler with the exact same version as above?
(So I can add a server to my cluster)

Vicibox 2.12-565a from vicibox_v7x68_65.iso | Vicidial 2.12-565a Build 160827-0917 | Asterisk 11.23.1-vici | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | DELL R710 | Intel Xeon CPU X5690 @ 3.47Ghz 6 Cores
mrgunston

Re: How can I determine which version of Vicibox was used?

Postby williamconley » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:45 am

Oddly enough, it is NOT necessary to use the exact same INSTALLER version. The only compatibility requirements are that you install a version of Asterisk compatible with your running system and the same ViciDIAL version. Note that ANY installer version can install ANY vicidial version (the installer only provides the "environment", ie: OS and stuff).

Since you are compatible with Asterisk 11 (you show asterisk 11.23.1 in your post), Vicibox 8.0.1 should supply that nicely.

But to answer your question directly: Most installers show the version installed in the "splash screen"/MOTD when you log in to the server via PuTTY or directly at the console. Something like this should be near the beginning of the splash message:

Thank you for installing ViciBox Server v.8.1!

and again at the end of the splash message:

- ViciBox v.8.1.2 181002

You should try to match the svn revision level of the /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk folder before initiating the vicibox-install command. Check with

cd /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk; svn info

on both new and old machines. copy the /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk folder from another machine if the new one does not match or if you don't know the command to have svn alter the version for you. Just copying the folder does the same thing.

If you already installed and it was the wrong version of Vicidial in the trunk folder, copy the trunk folder from another machine and then reinstall vicidial with:

perl /usr/src/astguiclient/trunk/install.pl --copy_sample_conf_files

As long as the asterisk version is supported by your code, it can still work. It is NOT necessary to have the same version of asterisk running on all machines. Just Supported versions (anything earlier than expected is fine, but later won't work).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support