Asterisk reinstallation

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Asterisk reinstallation

Postby prosenjit2009 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Server type- Dell C6100
24 GB RAM
16 Core CPU
CPU TYPE-XEON 3.0
VERSION: 2.14-697a
BUILD: 190121-2019
SVN version :3061
DB Schema Version:1562
ASTERISK VERSION-11.25.3-vici
INSTALLER VERSION-8.0
SSD HDD
No PRI/SANGOMA
No Extra Software or hardware

is there any way to reinstall same asterisk version ? some how it got corrupted and i have huge recording in it. not possible to easily. Just want to give a try to reinstall asterisk.

pls. guide me with complete details.

thanks ain advance.
prosenjit2009

Re: Asterisk reinstallation

Postby williamconley » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:16 pm

back up the entire system, push all the audio recordings to an ftp server, reinstall, and restore the database (and upgrade it to match your installed new vicidial). You'll have a brand-new Vicidial system with all your data.

Backup script:
Code: Select all
/usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_backup.pl --help

This script will optionally push the backup set to an FTP server when it finishes. Handy. FTP credentials for this feature are in the "REPORT server connection information" of the /etc/astguiclient.conf file.

Push Audio files to an FTP server:
Code: Select all
/usr/share/astguiclient/AST_CRON_audio_3_ftp.pl --help

FTP credentials for this feature are in the "FTP recording archive connection information" of the /etc/astguiclient.conf file. Once activated in crontab -e (it's already there, but commented out) it will push about 1000 recordings per run. May take a while to push all of them.

Process: When recordings are originally made, they are in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor.
Upon completion of the call, they are moved to /var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE.
After they are Mixed (so inbound and outbound audio data is all in the same file) and compressed (assuming you leave the --MP3 option active as you should), the original is in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/ORIG and the compressed file is in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/MP3 and the MP3 is "linked" in the Vicidial system so you can listend to it by clicking a link in the lead or user records.
After they are pushed to the FTP server, the MP3 file is moved to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/FTP.
If you activate the FTP secondary script, the MP3 file is moved to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/FTP2 from /FTP.

YOU are expected to prune the /ORIG and /FTP or /FTP2 folders to avoid the hard drive filling up. In the crontab -e you should find an entry in the "remove old recordings more than 7 days old" section that can be copied/altered to prune old entries from ANY folder, including those. Usually the ORIG files can be deleted nightly, but it's not a bad idea to keep the FTP for a day or two just in case.

But to answer your question directly: You may want to uninstall the asterisk packages and reinstall them using the method in the script "/usr/local/bin/vicibox-install".
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Re: Asterisk reinstallation

Postby prosenjit2009 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:30 am

Thank you for your answer. Though i am already aware of FTP and backing up DB but vicibox-install script is really a new thing for me. definitely i will try it out.
prosenjit2009

Return to Support