CNAM works with sip phones, bout not outbound campaigns

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CNAM works with sip phones, bout not outbound campaigns

Postby ConnectedDialer » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi

I noticed that when agents dial using sip phones, the name entered in the phones Full Name field of the phone is used and shows the company name properly.

However, when the campaign dials a list, even though the CID is showing correctly, the CNAM is showing something like VXXXXXXXXXXX where X are digits. I believe it's a session id.

How can I have the CNAM show name of the company just like phones in campaign outbound calls? What could I be doing wrong here?

Thanks
Vicibox 8.0.1 from .iso
VICIDIAL: 2.14-644a BUILD: 171130-0036
Asterisk 11.25.3-vici
Single Server
No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
No Extra Software After Installation
Custom PC - XEON E5-1607
ConnectedDialer

Re: CNAM works with sip phones, bout not outbound campaigns

Postby omarrodriguezt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:56 am

Hello,
Not all carriers will pass the CNAM information to the customer. I suggest you to ask your carrier. In the past I used a company named calleridmanagement.com that do it for free.
http://www.ITContinental.com
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Postby ConnectedDialer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:09 pm

The carrier is Twiio and it does work when agents are calling with softphones connected to same vicidial installation, but not when auto dialer dials, which makes me think it's not a carrier issue. Does that make sense?
Vicibox 8.0.1 from .iso
VICIDIAL: 2.14-644a BUILD: 171130-0036
Asterisk 11.25.3-vici
Single Server
No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
No Extra Software After Installation
Custom PC - XEON E5-1607
ConnectedDialer

Postby ambiorixg12 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:01 am

VICIDIAL has a campaing CALLERID OPTION it is allow you to change the callerid number i havent test it adding the callerid name as well but you could try, in the other hand you could try to specify the callerid name directly on the dial plan and verify if works
ambiorixg12

Postby omarrodriguezt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:38 pm

As ambirixg12 said, you can change the caller id in the campaign settings.

Also I suggest you to read these links: support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/223179848-Using-a-non-Twilio-number-as-the-caller-ID-for-outgoing-calls
support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/223180148-Unable-to-Display-a-Business-Name-or-Custom-Text-as-Caller-ID
http://www.ITContinental.com
Dedicated USA Servers - Vicibox - Vicidial - Limesurvey - Vtiger CRM - More than 15 years experience - Hablamos Español
omarrodriguezt

Return to Support