GDPR Zip file broken + fix

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

GDPR Zip file broken + fix

Postby middletn » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:46 am

Hi,

We discovered a small issue with the SVN Trunk version of vicidial and wanted to relay the fix for future updates.

This is not OS specific, it's PHP.

In the GDPR download on the lead edit page (admin_modify_lead.php) the download link gives you a seemingly blank zip file.

If you use a program like 7Zip you will see it actually created a small folder structure inside.
This is coming from the file path passed when creating the zip file.

Our fix is to simply specify the file names when they are added to the zip file as the 'addFile' function accepts them as a second parameter.

So all we did was append ", $file" to line 700 of admin_modify_lead.php (in the addFile function call).
We have tested this in the latest vicidial (3069, admin_modify_lead version 3012) and it seemed to work fine.

regards
middletn

Re: GDPR Zip file broken + fix

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:37 pm

If this is a web page, of course it's not OS specific. But it could very well be installer specific. And you didn't list your installer, either.

You also failed to list the Vicidial Version with Build. Since what you describe is obviously "version based" and very likely "installer related", that seems like a major omission.

Next up: Why would there be a GDPR on that particular page? Or did you drop an acronym that means something other than General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby middletn » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:48 pm

It's not installer specific, if you read the post it's in the SVN trunk (svn checkout svn://svn.eflo.net/agc_2-X/trunk) and has been for at least a year.

GDPR is on that page because that's where you download the zip from and the code to build it this all there. So yes I am talking about General Data Protection Regulation. Perhaps you need to get to know vicidial a little better before making a sarcastic comment.

We posted about an issue which would affect others and a simple fix and were trying to be helpful, though responses such as yours makes me question why we should bother sharing fixes.
middletn

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:55 pm

middletn wrote:It's not installer specific, if you read the post it's in the SVN trunk (svn checkout svn://svn.eflo.net/agc_2-X/trunk) and has been for at least a year.

GDPR is on that page because that's where you download the zip from and the code to build it this all there. So yes I am talking about General Data Protection Regulation. Perhaps you need to get to know vicidial a little better before making a sarcastic comment.

We posted about an issue which would affect others and a simple fix and were trying to be helpful, though responses such as yours makes me question why we should bother sharing fixes.

Wow. You seem to have some very important opinions.

Try this on for size: ALWAYS post your Vicidial Version With Build. It's a requirement for requesting support on this Free Forum. You *should* also post your installer with version because it often affects the responses (like, for instance, if a zip binary is in the wrong place or something). Now back to business.

I realize I'm not very familiar with Vicidial. I've only been working with it for a little while (like, a decade). I asked why the GDPR would be on that page ... to find out "why the GDPR would be on that page". You answered. Even though you did it with attitude, which is fine since this is an informal help site.

But if you don't want help from me, I'm happy to step off. If you think my attitude is just too much ... I *won't* suggest you check your apache logs to see if any errors occurred while generating the download. So don't do that. But I do recommend you lighten up a bit. Note that your frustration with this situation does not translate well to those trying to help you. This is not a "don't tip the bad service" restaurant situation.

Nobody here gets paid to help you. Nor do we get paid Less to Not Help You. lol. Just my 2 cents worth.

Capisce? 8-)

PS: If you have an actual bug fix, the best place to post that is in the "Vicidial Issue Tracker". Be sure to include the Vicidial Version with Build and/or SVN revision level and a DIFF against that version. It's a separate login, does not share the forum credentials.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support