Office setup

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Office setup

Postby caloi » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:39 am

Hi Expert, Is it possible to setup office type phone system in vicidial? I already installed and configure vicidial for call center phone system and my boss want me to set up office based phone system. thanks you in advance.
caloi

Re: Office setup

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:10 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Yes. Use "Remote Agents". It's in the Vicidial Manager's Manual. For simple "non-interactive" desktop VOIP phones (eg: X-Lite or Grandstream, in a computer or physical phone) it's not difficult to set up once you get the concept. Each phone gets a "user" even if it's not really assigned to a person.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby caloi » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm

Thank you @williamconley such a big help, will post the things you said next time or maybe later.
caloi

Postby caloi » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:25 am

Hi experts, is the tutorial of remote agent is in the paid version of manual? already read the free version and I see nothing about remote agent config. thanks in advance
caloi

Postby williamconley » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:53 am

i was under the impression it was in the free version. but it has to be in the paid version. usually you can just push the help buttons on all the options in the remote agent configuration page (for each remote agent, after creating one) to get the information you need to set one up. There are not very many options, so it's not as complex as all that.
williamconley

Postby caloi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:56 am

I read few about remote agent and I didn.t see any toipic regarding extension group. "number of lines" - I didn't get this one, can you enlighten me?
caloi

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:00 pm

extension group is not a remote agent function. nor is it necessary when using a remote agent.

number of lines is "1" if you are talking about a single phone.

but if the remote agent is actually a PBX with multiple lines, you can set the number higher to account for however many lines/agents/users are presently active on that PBX. this is for sending calls to a remote call center with multiple users specifically to keep XX users busy at that call center.
williamconley

Postby caloi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Thank you so much..now I get it..
caloi

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:11 pm

One feature at a time. :idea:

After you start making $$ with this system, however, I highly recommend that you get the paid manager's manual. Begin working your way through it. You'll save yourself a lot of hair pulling AND likely invoke features you never even knew could exist but save you time or add power to your box.

Happy Hunting 8-)
williamconley

Postby caloi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi Expert,
I couldn't find the new post button that's why I'm posting my new concern here.

I already forwarded the ports 4569, 5060 and 10000-25000 but when I try to call outside network, I couldn't make calls just call failed after 6 secs.

First, my server was connected to pfsense firewall and it didn't work now it is connected to linksys router and I already turn off the firewall on the router and still the problem persist. appreciate for the response
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Vicibox .14-698a installed using flashdrive | build 190207-2301 |Asterisk v.1.4.44-vici | Single Server |
| No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel Core i3 Duo E7600 @ 3.0 Ghz ea |
caloi

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:28 pm

caloi wrote:Hi Expert,
I couldn't find the new post button that's why I'm posting my new concern here.

I already forwarded the ports 4569, 5060 and 10000-25000 but when I try to call outside network, I couldn't make calls just call failed after 6 secs.

First, my server was connected to pfsense firewall and it didn't work now it is connected to linksys router and I already turn off the firewall on the router and still the problem persist. appreciate for the response
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Vicibox .14-698a installed using flashdrive | build 190207-2301 |Asterisk v.1.4.44-vici | Single Server |
| No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel Core i3 Duo E7600 @ 3.0 Ghz ea |

port forwarding isn't necessary for outbound calls in most cases. "externip=" in /etc/asterisk/sip.conf, however, is required to be set to the public IP of the system (which will NOT be a 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x ip address).

multiple routers, however, will break functionality. one router between you and the internet.

pfSense is also often problematic for new users. I'm NOT bashing pfSense. Great system. But in the world of Vicidial, 95% of the time a client says "pfSense" before we've collected money from them, I tell them to just remove pfSense and they never end up paying us any money. Use a regular router. $25. From Walmart. After you've been using Vicidial and are more comfortable, pfSense may come back into play. But you don't make Money with pfSense and you DO make money with Vicidial. Therefore learning Vicidial should take precedense over learning pf Sense. 8-)
williamconley

Postby caloi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Thank you for the response :). on LAN side vicidial is working good, can make call and received without problem. however, when I register/use a phone outside my network the the phone registered but can't make calls "call failed" after 6 secs. any idea bout this? I use the remote agent setup.

I'm using a cheap linksys router right now, I remove it from pfsense.
caloi

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:03 pm

nat must be set to "Y" and you may have to forward UDP 10k to 25k.

but first: asterisk CLI output from a single attempted call. you may need to use sip debug to get the reason for the failure. it could just be a codec.
williamconley

Postby caloi » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:50 pm

If you don't mind where I can find the NAT? I already forwarded the 10k-25k.
caloi

Return to Support