Error in Asterisk

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Error in Asterisk

Postby rameez.amjad4 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Good Day,
I am using Vicibox 8.0.1 just installed and updated today, having the following issues need your assistance, Thanks.

Version: 2.14b0.5
SVN Version: 3087
DB Schema Version: 1567
DB Schema Update Date: 2019-04-05 14:52:46

Issue No 1:
After updating server via " Zypepr up -y " when i rebooted the server using putty, it doesn't indicated that connection has been terminated by server , putty still says active but server is rebooting fine

Issue No 2:

In asterisk when i reload asterisk it gives the following error:

[Apr 5 15:34:43] WARNING[5538]: res_crypto.c:508 crypto_load: Unable to open key directory '/usr/share/asterisk/keys'

Asterisk Version:
Asterisk 11.25.3-vici built by abuild @ cloud124 on a x86_64 running Linux on 2019-04-05 13:29:14 UTC

Please update if this asterisk issue needs to be fixed or its normal?
If it needs to be fixed how can i fix it?

Please update, Thanks.
rameez.amjad4

Re: Error in Asterisk

Postby williamconley » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:03 pm

1) You missed the Vicidial BUILD. Otherwise pretty good job posting your specs.

2) WHY did you install with 8.0.1 when 8.1.2 is the latest version of Vicibox? (Curiousity, not a big deal, any version of Vicibox will still create a functional system just with slight differences)

Issue No 1:
After updating server via " Zypepr up -y " when i rebooted the server using putty, it doesn't indicated that connection has been terminated by server , putty still says active but server is rebooting fine

3) This sounds a bit more like an observation than an "issue". Did you have a problem of some sort? Does putty NOT connect? It is abnormal, as a rule putty should lose connection at some point but sometimes it will just "lock" for a few minutes or even until the server is back up and running and then break the connection. None of which matters as long as the server actually does reboot and after the reboot you can log in via putty.

Issue No 2: [Apr 5 15:34:43] WARNING[5538]: res_crypto.c:508 crypto_load: Unable to open key directory '/usr/share/asterisk/keys'

4) Once again: Does this result in something negative? Or is it just making you nervous?

There are all sorts of notes in asterisk that are going to freak you out. If any of them result in something not working, they may be worth freaking out. Or if they begin to fill an error log of some sort. otherwise, you are free to make adjustments to get rid of notices or warnings that bother you, and if you feel like they should be fixed during the stock install instead you can post your solution in the Vicidial Issue Tracker and they may get fixed. However: Installation related issues may already be fixed if you use the latest installer. So ... using 8.1.2 and seeing if the problem persists may be a good idea.

5) I hope you are working your way through the Vicidial Manager's Manual (even if just the Free version from the EFLO.net store). If so, remember not to skip any pages. Start at the beginning and do everything until you're very happy with your server.

6) Start over. Seriously. Even if it worked well: Delete your HD partitions and start over several times. Getting used to the installation process will do wonders for your understanding of Vicidial and make you much less nervous moving forward.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support