impossible to add phone

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

impossible to add phone

Postby pikokk » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:36 am

Hi, I have a problem that drives me crazy...
I installed vicidial on a virtual box, I'm trying to add the phones, they are added, but when I configure x-lite it gives me error 403

I tried to open the sip.conf file and it is empty (there are no phones), I tried to open sip-vicidial.conf, even in this there are no phones except two standard (300 and gs102)
if I configure xlite with the 300, it connects, if I try to create a phone manually, it always gives me error 403, because if I add the phones through the vicidial panel these do not appear anywhere? I see them on the vicidial web page but they always give 403 error

:evil: :evil: :evil:

vicidial version is 2.14-692a
asterisk is 13.21.1
pikokk

Re: impossible to add phone

Postby williamconley » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:06 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) Sounds like a failed installation. For instance: you could have run out of hard drive space or the install never finished or there is a permissions issue. Since we have no idea how you installed, it would be difficult to determine where your installation may have failed.

4) So let's try it this way ...

* Install using the latest .iso installer from Vicibox.com. There is a PDF on the site which describes the basic installation procedure.
* After install is complete: Download the Vicidial Manager's Manual from EFLO.net's store (free version isn't as visible as the paid version, but it is there and will result in a fully functional system).
* Start at page one in the manual. Do not skip any pages.
* If you bump into a problem, post the page/line of the problem and the version of the manual. Also post any relevant configuration options according to the exercise you are working on. Begin with what you expected to happen and what really did happen. If appropriate, include log entries from /var/log/apache and/or asterisk CLI output from this specific event (not 3000 lines of code, not entire configuration files, and not complete web pages ... just the stuff related to this one failure). If you post asterisk CLI output, include one entire call from beginning to end (not just the error at the end of the call, but the entire single call). Try not to have any other traffic on the server at the moment of testing.

5) When in doubt; Start over! Never fear the reinstall. You'll learn something new with every iteration. And use the expert/advanced mode, not the express-install. As a rule, anyone who is capable of finding this forum will also be able to answer the questions for advanced mode (it's a fairly simple Q/A session, and most can be left to their default settings). Not kidding though: reinstall!! Many times.

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby pikokk » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks for the reply, I currently do not have the server to check the versions
- used the vicibox iso ver. 8.1.2
- telephone use x-lite on the client pc
- vicibox is installed on a virtual machine (virtualbox 6.0)
- the physical server has 2 CPUs - 16gb ram - 500gb raid1

I try to reinstall all, and work!, but after creating the phones, I have restart the server to register them, now I try to reinstall it again to see if it was a case or not
pikokk

Postby pikokk » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:14 am

the phones now work (after having reinstalled), but now I cannot make outgoing calls, but I believe it is a problem with ports (another server with vicidial is already running)
pikokk

Return to Support