Comments in Filters?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Comments in Filters?

Postby mrgunston » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:40 pm

I want to get our Vicidial Admins to start using comments in filters to explain what the filter is for.

Can I simply use the standard MySQL comment syntax to achieve this?

E.g.
Code: Select all
 /* comment goes here */

ViciBox: 8.1.2 | VERSION: 2.14b0.5 | SVN: 3063 | Clusters: 1 DB / 4 Web/Asterisk Build: ??
mrgunston

Re: Comments in Filters?

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:01 pm

1) you left out the BUILD of the version for Vicidial. Please include it. You were So Close. lol.

2) NO. This is a sql statement. Inline comments are not a "thing" in mysql. That's only viable for a .sql file being loaded (which this is not).

3) There's already a FIELD for comments. Perhaps you could suggest they put the comment in the comment field?

4) If the query is so long that you need multiple comments, I strongly suggest you find a different way to do whatever you are doing. 8-)

5) OR you can put a URL in the comments field, and get yourself a nice wiki system where the admins can put a fully documented copy of the entire sql statement with notes. This also could double as a backup and versioning system for your sql statements.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support