Export call Extended report Dialtime and Answer time is same

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Export call Extended report Dialtime and Answer time is same

Postby lvish » Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi

We came across an issue where Dial time and Answer time is same in export call report extended option. Even in DB vicidial_carrier_log same is populated. Also Asterisk CDR has the same values. Issue is observed only in Asterisk 13 version.
Googling on Asterisk 13 cdr issues suggest to add RESETCDR in dialplan.

Is there anything we have to set for asterisk 13 in vicidial GUI or in extension.conf? Which script handles manual dial , can we add RESETCDR command after vicidial script answers the call.

Btw this is observed only for manual dial calls.

-----------------------------
VERSION: 2.14-697a
BUILD: 190121-2019 - Vicibox 8.1.2 - All in one server Dell R603 - 16GB ram 500GB
lvish
lvish

Re: Export call Extended report Dialtime and Answer time is

Postby williamconley » Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 pm

1) Good job posting your system specs.

2) Vicidial reports do not use the asterisk CDR at all.

3) Manually dialed calls are considered "live" at the moment of the call request, since the meetme room side of the call is already "up". Dial/Answer in the reports refers to the autodialed calls (which may CANCEL or ANSWER or some other response after dialing ... but there is no "ANSWER" on this side of a manual dial, it starts out "UP".).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby lvish » Thu May 23, 2019 12:50 am

Hi
I read from some of the post that vicidial_carrier_log fetches data from asterisk variables. Hence I thought of tweaking asterisk cdr to get correct values.

This issue is not observed in Asterisk 11 or older versions. Even for manual dialled calls we get exact dialtime and answer time.

regds
lvish
lvish
lvish

Postby williamconley » Thu May 23, 2019 5:01 pm

lvish wrote:I read from some of the post that vicidial_carrier_log fetches data from asterisk variables. Hence I thought of tweaking asterisk cdr to get correct values.

vicidial_carrier_log is a table in a database. It stores data pushed into it from the Vicidial Scripting system. It doesn't reach out to get anything. So I'm not sure where you were going with that. Of course, the Vicidial Scripting system gets some of this data from asterisk variables, but that in no way makes asterisk variables available to the table aside from what was explicitly pushed into the table already.

lvish wrote:This issue is not observed in Asterisk 11 or older versions. Even for manual dialled calls we get exact dialtime and answer time.

This is a Vicidial reporting system, not an asterisk reporting system. So let's be clear: Are you saying that a Vicidial system running asterisk 11 will have different values in the extended report compared to a Vicidial system running asterisk 13? Can you demonstrate this?
williamconley

Postby lvish » Thu May 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Yes , I have observed this issue only in asterisk 13 . Export call extended report in asterisk 13 has same values for Dialtime and ANswer time . But in Asterisk 11 or older versions it has correct value where Answer time will be lesser than Dial time.

regds
lvish
lvish

Postby williamconley » Thu May 23, 2019 10:38 pm

I'm still unclear: Are you answering this from memory, or do you have more than one server and they are using different versions of asterisk but the same version of Vicidial both operational right now so you can check?
williamconley

Return to Support